The Doors - Live Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by masswriter, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

I have nothing to apologize for. I think the release was good and I enjoy it very much. I Love The Doors. I am wondering what “Your” problem is. Here “You” go again with the name calling. Please,tell me again why you dislike the same releases over and over again from Doors thread to Doors thread. Unbelievable!!!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  2. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

The "release was good". Wow...what a winning endorsement. That reception is about as lukewarm as John's unboxing of the London Fog debacle. Classic stuff!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

They obviously compiled a Matrix disc for it. So what other reason, than low sales of the 50th, could there be for not moving forward with a SD 50th in the same format? You say there are several reasons. Just asking for one here.

Matthew Tate and Darrin L. like this.
  4. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Is there anything you haven't been ok with?

Matthew Tate and bluesbro like this.
  5. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Be careful, they will attempt to bully you into submission.

Matthew Tate and rnranimal like this.
  6. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

I’m not endorsing anything. It’s not my job to endorse any Doors product. I was simply voicing my opinion. Yes,I am happy with The Matrix LP,the sound is slightly better than my bootlegs. It’s a good release. The Fog box is excellent,I’m very happy with it. Maybe you should start a new thread and call it “Unhappy Doors Fan”. Maybe you’ll be happy there. Maybe.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  7. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

Yeah, I think the Matrix box should have been put out by now. I agree with most here on that for sure. I am happy to know that sooner rather than later it will see the light. On CD & LP.

8. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

oh wait, it will be a Complete Matrix Vinyl Box too?

9. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Sooner was a long time ago. Will it at least be the complete tapes?

10. Pats Radio

Yes, it will be complete.

Soundslave, Doggiedogma and rnranimal like this.
  11. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I don’t understand why they are drawing out the Matrix material as long as they have. The Felt Forum shows were equally good; they put those all out at once and the set sold out quickly. What makes this one tape so hard to put out correctly?

Doggiedogma and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

I'm going to guess that something is coming out around July. How about elaborating on it, if it will be cd, vinyl, video, or a combination?

13. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

Yeah, thanks. Some people are VERY defensive for some reason. Particularly because (like I said) I don't have a huge problem with some revisionist history on live album releases. I liked how on several BMA releases the liner notes addressed what the recording reflected. People can bicker over those specifics all they want...I just wanted some basic info about IoW. Thanks to those who gave real responses.

Right now the 'non-buyers' are winning the argument. The 'pro-buyers' aren't giving me enough to go by, other than I'm a jerk for asking I guess(?) I have every other Doors release. I think I'm going to go listen to Boston. Unless IoW is some big revelation I'm not sure I NEED it. Personally I HATE when tracks are re-arranged, but that can be mitigated in iTunes.

14. Pats Radio

I didn’t know so much thought and time went into a $20 CD/DVD. You would think the release cost $$$$$. I mean I don’t get how people spend days and days on whether to buy a $20 dollar product. Good lord.

:shrug:

15. waterisnat

waterisnat Forum Resident

The crux of the matter seems to be that this is the last live recording they have which constitutes a major improvement over what's been available on bootleg throughout the years - plus it catches the band at an early peak in the annus mirabilis 1967 (with previously uncirculating jams to boot). Sure, there are still other tapes awaiting official release (like the 1968 Euro tour, especially Stockholm) but they will never be spectacular upgrades like is to be expected from the Matrix tapes. So they're milking them for what they are worth... and then some...

16. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Buy it, don't buy it, that's up to you. But please, listen to The End from IOW. It's without a doubt an essential Doors performance.

SteveM, RandelPink, marklamb and 3 others like this.
  17. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I doubt he's just sitting in a room on a stool contemplating buying IOW for days. I'm guessing he lives his life between thinking about it and posting here. $20 is $20. I'm not spending it on a product I won't enjoy either and I spend time at this site so that I can figure out what I'm likely to enjoy and what I'm not. It's not about one $20 release. It's about many choices from different artists. If I don't buy IOW for $20, I can spend it somewhere else. And I did.

18. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

YOU are incredibly defensive and passive aggressive. YOU are the constant antagonist on every Doors thread I read.

I never mentioned cost AT ALL. I don't buy things I don't want. It's wasteful. It's not some referendum on you or the band. Don't flatter yourself. The entire point of the Hoffman forums is for people to engage each other about every nuance of a '$20 CD/DVD.' Sound quality, etc. It's why I'm here. Why are you here?

Thanks to those who engaged in real dialogue about this release (I won't bother quoting specific posts). The list was helpful. I will probably just grab the iTunes download. I'm not sure this particular show will get enough listens from me to need visuals/DVD. I tend to return to Felt Forum and the Aquarius shows. I like Boston a lot too...probably more than most.

19. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

In the realm of The Doors, it's almost like a guilty pleasure.

Adam Bosman likes this.
  20. Doesn't seem like you're moving forward at all, your belittling posts continue.

superstar19 and rnranimal like this.
  21. Pats Radio

Back to live Doors.

22. anastasios

anastasios Forum Resident

Are you a coordinator here? A thread starter? What are you trying to prove?

Matthew Tate and rnranimal like this.
  23. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

He's someone who wants to post whatever he feels like but then try to tell others what to post.

Matthew Tate and anastasios like this.
  24. Pats Radio

More Jabs, more hypocrisy. Moving on.

25. Bill Pafford

Bill Pafford Hyperactive!

Dave and I made a few friends, late in the afternoon, on April 10, 1970 in Boston. Everybody seemed to have quite a bit to talk about except me. I was thinking about my dad delivering my newspapers on Friday and Saturday while I was supposed to be spending the night at Dave's. It was nice being in a car, as the spring showers we had encountered throughout the day were becoming more like actual rain. The college guy drove by the venue and then drove us around back a couple blocks to what he called a park. Looked a little small to me but still had plenty of trees and quite a few people mingling around. The rain stopped again so we decided to wander around the park.

It was getting that time of the early evening where lots of people and vehicles were moving about. Fenway Park was a short distance to the west of us so maybe some were baseball fans. Boston Gardens was probably about a mile or so to the east. I was listening to a few people discussing why The Doors weren't just playing one show this evening at the nicer larger Garden. Then the discussion changed to nobody wanting to see the opening acts. Dave and I were talking to the college guy about how late it would be before The Doors might start playing, we all decided to just go over to his place.

Will try and continue this tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.