The Expanse-Syfy

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Okay, I admit to over reacting. I was concerned that the deviations from the books was leading to a "jumping the shark" turn in the series. Yes there are deviations but the tale is being told very well and not changing the overall narrative and direction of the books. This is great science fiction done well and told well.

It is good to hear that Amazon will produce the next sequence. I hope they maintain the production values.

2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Well, Amazon is the customer, not the creator. As with Syfy, the production company is Alcon, and Amazon bought into the production company's product. The production values will not be lowered in any way. If anything, Amazon will throw more money at an already expensive production, especially since Bezos is backing it personally and they want a massive hit for the network. I expect the production values to remain at the same level or even better.

3. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

Thanks for the spoiler!

Linger63 likes this.
  4. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

slovell and robertawillisjr like this.
  5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Is there a way to tell when S3 will be available to stream free as part of Amazon Prime?

6. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

Still no go for season 3 on Amazon.

Its funny that GRR Martin (he who cannot finish a bloody book) chimed in about his love for the show. It reminds my so much of GOT in terms of its scope, and the fact it's based on a book series.

I have really been impressed with this show, particularly with some of the characters, I love Miller and Amos and that belter babe who shot those two traitors with a hole in her abdomen. So much so that I started reading the books, I want to find out what happens and I'm not going to wait 4 or 5 years.

My complaint about season 3 is that is should have ended after the "thing" left Venus and set up the "gate"(E6). Which reminded me immediately of the Star Trek episode "City On the Edge of Forever". It was a natural place to break the season. I thought the final episode had tension, but the season's best moments were in episode 6. Overall very please and with S4 on Amazon Prime, very happy.

7. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

The books are addictive.

marmalade166 and wayneklein like this.
  8. ...although I doubt for those who want this in physical media, that it will get a release as Amazon notoriously doesn't want to release the programs they throw money at on home video.

9. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

I was reading (somewhere) that they plan on shooting at the beginning of 2019. 4K and generally uncensored language.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.