The Flash (TV Series 2014– )

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by musicalbeds, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

What impressed me with the most recent episode is just how much ground they covered.
    The Barry & Iris angle, the (potential) killing off of a major character, Barry revealing his identity to Iris, finding out who Reverse Flash is - each of those is huge enough to merit its own episode.

Having them all in one was a major b@llsey move on the part of the writers.

I can't wait to see what's next...

musicalbeds likes this.
  2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Plus, they squeezed all of those macro story revelations in around a "villain of the week" plot as well.

musicalbeds likes this.
  3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Did Barry find out who the Reverse Flash was or what happened to Cisco? If I remember correctly, he took off before he even found out what went down at the labs.

musicalbeds likes this.
  4. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I believe you're correct - Barry doesn't know what went down at the lab yet. Neither does Caitlin for that matter, although she knows the Doc's been lying about needing the wheelchair.

musicalbeds likes this.
  5. DreadPikathulhu

It's going to be problematic for him to "save" Cisco if he doesn't know he's dead. The parallel Flash he saw could have been himself from the past, returning to the future, so it's possible he might be in two places at once when the Doc and Cisco are in the lab.

6. DreadPikathulhu

Well that was lame. I guess I should have expected it. I always enjoy Snart, though.

What happened to Cisco's brother? Did he just drop him off at a hospital and leave him there alone?

musicalbeds likes this.
  7. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger Thread Starter

Lol, apparently.

Barry changed time... that will influence his decision in the future to save his mom.

8. musicalbeds

Great episode...."I am your father" :laugh:

9. musicalbeds

New trailer...mostly images from the last one, but with a few new ones....

10. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

My favorite part about that was how you knew it was coming but they had him verbally dance around it for a while to the point where attentive (nerdy) viewers would be thinking to themselves "Is he going to say it? He has to say it, right? Just say it! OMG he said it!". :laugh:

musicalbeds likes this.
  11. ascot

ascot Senior Member

It was fun to see Mark Hamill reprise his role as The Trickster. He plays psychotic killers way too well. :D We also got the backstory behind Dr. Harrison Wells with a huge reveal. It seems like everyone except Iris knows who The Flash is now.

PhantomStranger and musicalbeds like this.
  12. DreadPikathulhu

Another terrific episode. Lived the quip about Breaking Bad.

musicalbeds likes this.
  13. That was a neat twist they pulled with Reverse Flash and Harrison Wells.

musicalbeds likes this.
  14. musicalbeds

Yep...now we know how Thawne got involved with Wells.

15. badfinger54

badfinger54 Senior Member

I had the pleasure of inking Scott Kolins on THE FLASH comic book. He's the character that hooked me on super-hero comic books (I'm 60). So, to watch this show now I often just sit there and am amazed that all of this this is being done on a television series. My expectations have been greatly exceeded and the effects have been a very pleasant surprise.

I've never had the urge to re-watch any of the earlier series, but this one has kind of left me breathless with everything that we've seen so far.

16. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm wondering whether some way will be found to restore the consciousness of the real Harrison Wells to that body, so that he can go on leading the team (and so Tom Cavanagh can stay on the show).

musicalbeds likes this.
  17. DreadPikathulhu

But they didn't transfer consciences. Thawne somehow morphed his body in a copy of Wells and destroyed Wells' body in the process.

Being that it's a comic book show, if there is a way, they will find a way.

musicalbeds likes this.
  18. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Yeah I know. But as you say, they can always find a way.

musicalbeds likes this.
  19. DreadPikathulhu

I was wondering how Thawne managed to dispose of Wells' body before the police came. I suppose he might have had some kind of disintegrator, but they didn't show that so maybe it's still out there somewhere, in a cocoon?

musicalbeds likes this.
  20. I thought that too, and then thought perhaps the process left the original Wells' body as a hollow husk that turned in to dust before the police arrived.

21. musicalbeds

NIce...you worked with Geoff Johns. I've read your work, great stuff!

22. badfinger54

Thanks. I inked comics professionally for over 26 years till the DC Reboot was use as an opportunity to give a lot if us the proverbial boot. ANIMAL MAN was a cool book to have as my first series for DC. I remember early on wondering if others thought the stories were as clever as I thought they were. I didn't really trust my ability to judge comics writing, but I knew it was unique. The sample page I inked sure gave me no clue as to the tone of the book.

warren, jriems, musicalbeds and 2 others like this.
  23. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Very cool! Which series/issues of AM did you ink? I read the Grant Morrison run back in the late 1980's, but that's about as far as I got with the book (first 26 issues or so). I began buying it simply because I loved Brian Bolland's covers.

EDIT: D'Oh! I just checked out your profile page and see you are Doug Hazlewood! So you inked that original Morrison run, correct? I'm going to need to pull those AM books out and do a re-read soon!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    musicalbeds likes this.
  24. The Animal Man Omnibus is fantastic.:righton:

I have an idea of what is coming for the season finale, people's minds are going to be blown away by the Flash.:whistle:

musicalbeds likes this.
  25. badfinger54

I have my first 'normal' job in 30 years doing pharmacy deliveries now. Been at that for five months or so. I wish I was more of an overall artist who could sit and whip out sketches/drawings at shows. A lot of former comic artists just do the convention circuit now. Finally got some color prints made recently since most of my originals have been sold. Could never count on selling many originals at shows anyhow. The recreations I have done I mainly sold online.

Saved more original pages from ANIMAL MAN than from any other book I worked on, but finally sold some more of those a few years ago.

Have gone from too much free time post-DC Reboot to now feeling like I have very little. Miss getting to 'mess with music' on the computer and make CD-R's (and a few audio DVD's). My rather obsessive nature lends itself to wanting to clean some things up on rare recordings where I can. By the time I get to making another audio DVD of hi-res files I often have forgotten some of the things I need to do.

I have less time to list things on eBay. I have been collecting for a long time and TRY not to hunt down too many new things now. Just adds more clutter. Miss listening to music while I would ink (many times the CD-RW's before I make my actual CD-R to see if I made any mistakes or if there was a glitch first).

S.H.I.E.L.D. still doesn't do much for me, ARROW has grown on me and GOTHAM is definitely better than I expected. If I miss some of ARROW I don't feel like I HAVE to see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.