The Fugitive-The Complete Series:The Most Wanted Edition is Back on the Schedule!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

it'll keep them busy to say the least!

2. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

The following is from a Yahoo FUGITIVE group, posted by someone named "Jason". He allegedly has been in contact with Gord Lacey of TVShowsOnDVD:

Seems pretty official to me that there is "Heyes music" on the set.

Harry

3. Michael

Thanks Harry...

4. HGN2001

Heads up: THE FUGITIVE MOST WANTED set is today listed at $111.85. That's less than $0.95 an episode. If you're waiting for Blu-ray, there's really no need. These are well-mastered and transferred to DVD. Black & white is pristine and details are strong for this '60s TV series.

Why mess with the wonky COMPLETE SERIES version when you can get the real thing for a good value? Prices on this seem to be fluctuating wildly with a number of sellers having price wars to move these while the iron's hot. If you get a box with the five bad discs, a simple phone call will get you replacements. The phone number we used back in 2012-2013 was 877-335-8936 and apparently they send out corrected discs once a month, so that's the longest you'd have to wait - and only IF you get the five bad discs. No exchange mailings are necessary - at least I was not asked to mail back the bad discs.

Harry

Michael likes this.
  5. Michael

that's an excellent price...if anyone does order this ask the seller if the box has a YELLOW UPC Barcode sticker this should contain a complete corrected set.

6. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Mine shipped today $57.85 from Amazon.ca

Michael likes this.
  7. Michael

the replaced music doesn't bother you?

8. HGN2001

For those playing along at home, THE COMPLETE SERIES set had been temporarily removed from Amazon's sales with an "under review" banner. But it's now back for sale.

That's telling me that their investigation reveals that this is exactly what CBS intended. Sad.

9. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I'll bet Joe Public isn't noticing anything wrong and are perfectly happy with these sets. It's only hand-wringers and nitpickers like us on this forum and others like Home Theatre Forum that obsess over this stuff, the rest of the world is moving on with their lives oblivious to our agony and frustration. :laugh:

10. Dennis Metz

Why would it. I was very young when it aired and have no memory of the music being anything special.

Mister Charlie likes this.
  11. HGN2001

That's probably true. The fact is that after they fixed Season Two Volume One and used that sort of template for the three remaining compromised sets, there isn't too awfully much "in your face" replacements. A few episodes are indeed a mess, but many are acceptable. Some of the bad episodes include "Ballad For A Ghost" with an entire song edited out, "Brass Ring" with all of that awful synthesized calliope music, and "Coralee" with nearly total replacement. Other problems include the return of the film degradation on "Cry Uncle". But apparently they did manage to fix the "day the running stopped" date on the final episode. It had been wrong on the season sets and fixed on MOST WANTED.

Harry

12. Michael

I had no idea how old you are...

13. Dennis Metz

LOL. It arrived today so I'll watch a few episodes tonight:cheers:

14. Michael

nice...good for you...

15. HGN2001

jsayers likes this.
  16. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I'd pick up a complete collection on blu-ray if the day ever comes.

17. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

:laughup::laughup::laughup: :shake::shake::shake:

I would think these F ups have to really hurt sales. How many people want to buy a set knowing it is probably wrong and then have to deal with getting replacement discs. Even if you wait it out for corrected sets to be available, you are still taking a chance it could be wrong. What a mess.

Michael likes this.
  18. Michael

I have to tell ya it was extremely frustrating following the first Fugitive fiasco.

19. Michael

yea, maybe by then they will get their act together...I'm happy with the Most Wanted box...done with this.

20. Michael

21. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

Late to the party.

Have they restored Pete Rugolo's score on this version?

22. Michael

check the Tvshowsondvd link above...I would assume so or ppl will bitch all over again...just like they did before.

23. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

Just took delivery of the set today and watched the first ep of Season 4, 'in color'. I honestly do not remember or note musical cues so for me this is just a huge bargain, having this now and having Dick Van Dyke's dvd series, two of the best shows of the 60s (out of many!) Looks and sounds great to me. I am ready to dive into the box.

24. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Yes, but every fifth episode now mistakenly has Waylon Jennings' Dukes of Hazzard narration dubbed in place of William Conrad's.

I kid, I kid.

Mister Charlie and ShockControl like this.
  25. Michael

has anyone called the toll free number for replacements?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.