The Last Man On Earth (TV series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amoergosum, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Is this filmed mostly on sets or did they clear out parts of neighborhoods and hose down the trees with paint for a dead look? Like it's got a very high production value. I'm sure it's a mixture of both sets and practical locations but they're generally seamless. Some shots are obviously green screened but even then they're very very good.

And where did all the bodies go? And why were there no riots or rushes on supplies like we see in Walking Dead where life is a daily struggle?

2. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

Magic. :)

rburly likes this.
  3. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident Thread Starter

Extended sex scene:

4. amoergosum

5. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

That was waaaay more than I saw last night! I wonder what will happen next week? Hmm...

6. Iceblossom

Iceblossom Member

I recently looked at some sort of list on the Comcast Home Page something like "The 20 shows you aren't watching but should" and did a mini-marathon of about 4 episodes this weekend. I enjoyed it much more than my husband's usual type of comedies <cough>two broke girls<cough>, and he enjoyed it as well. Is nice when we can agree on show. In a role-reversal, the hubby likes "chick flicks" while I go much more for more thrilling fare. Still, I enjoy a chick flick from time to time, and he goes with me to things like the Bourne movies.

For a completely different type of show, the same list recommended Fortitude, don't know how I will feel about this dark non-comedy show as I continue to watch it but I very much enjoyed the pilot.

7. amoergosum

8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

New Phil isn't listed with the main cast in the credits, so maybe we'll get to see the first murder in the post-plague world.

9. rburly

I wonder how they'll handle the situation. Both guys hate the new Phil, and the women and Phil Tandy and Todd did as well. It won't turn out well for someone.

10. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Isn't everyone besides Forte and Schaal listed as "guest stars?" I know I already read that January Jones is only signed for season one. I have a feeling the group is going to separate and Tandy will once again be "the last man."

11. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

That would make me stop watching. It's one thing to speculate that there might be more people "out there". It's another thing to know it. It would have to be reflected in the writing. That's all that mattered to those wandering and looking for a safe haven on The Walking Dead - get to the others still alive.

Yep, it's time for murder, "accidents", or something ironic like a common cold killing new Phil. How about a cow trampling?

Mister Charlie likes this.
  12. DreadPikathulhu

I can see much of the current cast getting frustrated with Tandy's crap and moving to another area. It's not like they have to stay in Tucson, and there are probably other people out there.

Grant and DLant like this.
  13. amoergosum

It's kind of funny that nobody is talking about the repopulation plan anymore.
    Nobody should be frustrated...everyone should get laid...;)

14. rburly

Exactly. If that was on their To Do list, they could repopulate in an ongoing basis. I think Todd and Tandy aren't into repopulating the earth as much as Carol is. ;)

DLant likes this.
  15. DreadPikathulhu

Maybe Carol's experience with New Phil will pay off?

DLant likes this.
  16. drmaynard

drmaynard Well-Known Member

But Carol can't be trying to repopulate with New Phil, they aren't married.

mmars982, DLant and rburly like this.
  17. amoergosum

The ratings have been pretty stable:

The previous 6 episodes:
    3.22 - 3.41 million viewers

DLant likes this.
  18. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

My lady said that when we watched that episode the other night. "They can't be having sex, Carol doesn't have sex before marriage!" :laugh:

Grant and rburly like this.
  19. amoergosum

Carol was also upset about the stolen paintings in the beginning. Fast forward a couple of episodes >>>

Grant and DLant like this.
  20. drmaynard

drmaynard Well-Known Member

And yet she is so consistent with her dirty talk. Hmmm.

Mister Charlie likes this.
  21. amoergosum

22. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

This show is worth the Carol’s sex scenes alone.

23. amoergosum

Dan C and DLant like this.
  24. amoergosum

"A first-time showrunner, Forte admits he’s made mistakes. Midseason, Last Man lost some viewers and critics when Phil’s wacky antics and the introduction of too many new characters threatened to turn the show into a generic suburban comedy, like a Cougar Town: End of Days. “I know my character spins out a little bit,” says Forte. “To some people, that seems to be polarizing.” So its renewal is both a validation and an opportunity to recalibrate. “It feels so good that we didn’t hand them a s**t sandwich,” he says. “I’m excited.” Then, suddenly, he’s not: Forte begins fretting about how he’d told Fox executives to “make it quick” so he didn’t keep me waiting. “I felt like such a dick saying that, now, after they were giving us this wonderful news,” he says. Then it really hits him: “Oh, God, we’re going to have to start doing this again. We have to figure out what the hell we do now.”
    "

Link to full article:
    http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/will...501_45027666&mid=nymag_press&short_code=2wx48

Grant and Dan C like this.
  25. amoergosum

Another interesting quote:

"The network, says Forte, “was rightly terrified at first,” given that nearly the entire pilot has Phil talking to himself, to God, to a female mannequin he’s trying to date, and to a coterie of sports balls he’s named and drawn faces on for companionship, before deciding it’s time to end it all by driving his truck full-speed into a boulder. And Forte stubbornly refused to compromise the storytelling by resorting to lots of flashbacks or even explaining what caused everyone to die. (Additional survivors, though — such as Kristen Schaal’s Carol, whom Phil marries to procreate with but can’t stand, and January Jones’s Melissa, the “freakin’ smokeshow” of a woman who shows up after Phil has married Carol but is totally uninterested in him — were part of Forte’s vision all along.)"

Link:
    http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/will...501_45027666&mid=nymag_press&short_code=2wx48

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.