The Last Man On Earth (TV series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amoergosum, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident Thread Starter

DeeThomaz, Dan C and Mister Charlie like this.
  2. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Two Broke Girls is plain awful.

Whitney, on the other hand, particularly the first season, was excellent...

DLant likes this.
  4. aforchione

aforchione Forum Resident

Two Broke Girls is incredibly bad...who thinks this show is funny? Even the really crude jokes are bad.

Alfie Noakes, kevywevy and DLant like this.
  5. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

We watched the first season of Whitney and enjoyed it, we were sad that it wasn't given a chance. I agree, I saw one episode of Two Broke Girls and thought it was horrible.

6. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Fox has renewed The Last Man On Earth for season 2.

7. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Nice! I'm hoping it can break out of this current slump it's in and come back even stronger in season two. A lot of shows (especially comedies) don't really hit their stride until the second season anyways (The Office, Parks and Recreation).

8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Let's hope they get out of that cul-de-sac and go on the road.

DLant likes this.
  9. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

When is "Season 2" to Fox? Summer? or skip summer and they are referring to Fall 2015.

Good for this quirky , funny show. I hope they will produce a full Season 1 run - full "2-show" hours times whatever number of weekly episodes constitutes a season these days. I guess that's a lot to ask for.

10. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Season 2 could be either next fall or winter depending on when Fox schedules it. This will most likely remain a 13-episode series which is becoming more and more common.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  11. amoergosum

Yeahhhh!!!!

>>>

"FOX has picked up comedy series THE LAST MAN ON EARTH for a second season, it was announced today by David Madden, President, Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

“We knew we had something special with THE LAST MAN ON EARTH. It’s one of those rare shows that continues to add depth and dimension to its unique premise, week after week,” said Madden. “We are so thrilled that this incredibly bold, original and inventive series has been embraced by both fans and critics, and we cannot wait to see where the creative genius and inspired vision of Will, Phil and Chris take us in Season Two.”

In the next all-new, special one-hour episode of THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, “The Do-Over/Pranks for Nothin,’” airing Sunday, April 12 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX, Phil Miller (Will Forte) finally has some good fortune headed his way.

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH is this season’s No. 1 new comedy among Adults 18-34 and Men 18-49. It also ranks No. 1 in its Sunday (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) time period among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens."

Source:
    http://www.fox.com/the-last-man-on-earth/article/renewed-for-season-2

Dan C likes this.
  12. amoergosum

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH | Dog Bridge from "The Do-Over" (Sneak Peak):

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  13. DLant

There's so much they could be doing in big cities and other places. I think that would be fun to see.

amoergosum likes this.
  14. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member

Glad to know it's been renewed. Thanks.

15. amoergosum

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH | It's Apart Of Who I Am from "The Do-Over" (Sneak Peak):

Mister Charlie likes this.
  16. That would be cool but it might cost too much. Maybe they get a bigger budget in the second season.

DLant likes this.
  17. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I was thinking the same thing. They probably don't have the budget for all the VFX it would require.

Whatever budget they had was probably blown in the first few episodes with Phil's antics (bowling, flamethrower, etc). :D

kevywevy likes this.
  18. amoergosum

[​IMG]

DLant and Bryan like this.
  19. DLant

I would probably end up doing that too if I were in his situation.

Dan C likes this.
  20. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

I was getting annoyed by the "how much more of an arsehole can Phil be? And the answer is: None. None more arsehole" direction of this show. It was like every uncomfortable David Brent moment stretched out to a full episodes, which gets boring very quickly.

But maybe now there will be a change in the character.

At least my home town got a shout out by the Aussie babe.

--Geoff

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  21. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I agree. I was contemplting the possibility of bailing on this series if it continued the same direction every week. Hope for Phil, then shot down. And the acting is just all right. We'll see if the divorce changes anything. It's been basically the same story every week for me, with just a couple different variables.

How many more episodes?

22. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Only three episodes left in the season.

I agree, Phil's schtick has been getting tiresome. I hope his apology to the others and divorce from Carol finally put an end to it all and we can move on to some different, funnier story lines.

I'm hopeful, but there's been a couple points now where I thought it was over, his talk with Melissa at the bar being one of them.

rburly likes this.
  23. Tom in Houston

I'd like to see a new love interest show up ...for the cow. (rim-shot, cymbal, crickets)

Did anyone else notice that Phil signed the divorce papers without reading them? And it seemed that Carol had not yet signed - at least there was a blank line below where Phil signed that key last page.

HiredGoon and DLant like this.
  24. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I don't think they can change Phil's character all that much. He's the antagonist in the show, and if he were "normal" like everyone else it would just be a bunch of people walking around empty shopping malls.

25. Tom in Houston

I saw the show on which Ted first made an appearance. I think I missed two after that, but Ted needs some character development. All he seems to be is a doormat for Melissa and, more importantly, a c_ckblock to Phil.

I did see the She Drives Me Crazy episode, and the one where Phil hid and then returned the cow. I saw Phil drive Ted out into the desert.

I don't think I saw Phil tell Melissa he loved her, except in a promo clip. So, I may have missed some of Ted's background development when it was presented.

Did Ted and Melissa get married or are they just shacking up?

And what happened to the blue sports car Ted drove up in? It seems to have vanished too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.