The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

It's Underbelly right? Limited nudity & violence? Outrageous! Seriously though the only Underbelly I watched was A Tale Of Two Cities - watched as it was set in the 70's and enjoyed it a lot.

2. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Elementary - one where Detective Bell is shot.

3. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Was that the one with Matthew Newton in it? The best part of that was the guy playing Marc Hunter in the 1st episode. :p

4. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

That's the one - he gets trashed quite a lot,but he's a very good actor. Some great music in that one as well - the best was Iva Davies sublime version of The Easybeats "Sad and Lonely and Blue"

5. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The first series of Underbelly (the one about Carl Williams and the Morans) was so good that the others just get watched because of the goodwill it created. The worst was about that Sydney nightclub owner who was never charged or convicted of anything.

6. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

I know a lot of people rave about the first series. Everything after the second series didn't interest me much at all. I think the new one is doing well as it's kind of a sequel of sorts to the first series - or something like that.

7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Yes your right in that order.

8. dhoffa85

dhoffa85 Well-Known Member

daily show it's the only tv show I watch pretty much

9. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

I rejoice in Supernatural's return to form. This current season (#8) is the best since season 4. It's the only TV program I watch right now, the rest is sports and movies, although I am resubscribing to HBO for season 4 of Game Of Thrones.

10. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Interesting, I bailed on the show after season 4 and all the stupid "war in heaven" storyline started.

11. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

There is some of that kind of on the periphery, but this is back to demons primarily. You can also see the wear and tear on the boys, especially mentally. Plus Crowley (Mark A. Sheppard) is front and center and he pretty much owns every scene he's in; the guy is awesome. If you were a fan previously, catch the next new ep (Apr 15) and see what you think.

12. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Just got through watching both series of 'Lip Service' on Netflix. mainly because Lydia from 'Breaking Bad' was in it. Oddly, it's not available on this side of the Atlantic on disc. I liked it, but I'm not too upset there wasn't a third series - it was kind of fun but not very ambitious.

13. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

The usual stuff - new episodes of Walking Dead, Blacklist, The Following, Bones and then some oldies - Chuck, The Practice and Lost

14. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

I watched all four episodes of Amber this weekend on Netflix. An Irish drama about a missing child. Liked it a lot.

15. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Just started re-watching Smallville from the beginning this weekend via Netflix. It dawned on me recently that I stopped watching around season 6, and my wife has never seen it, sooooo...

16. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Bar Rescue, a Sunday staple for me along with Once Upon A Time.

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

season 2 of the Twilight Zone...Damn they never get old!

18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

my wife does not miss an episode...she's solo on this one. She's pissed thy cancelled the spin-off.

19. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Just started watching the second half of MTV's Awkward. It's a bit strange watching a show about kids in high school when you're 55 but as far as I know, there are no laws against it. I do enjoy the show. Before that we watched Resurrection and before that The Good Wife.

20. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Castle - because he really is ruggedly handsome

This season has been the exception to the rule re: two lead characters hooking up and the show going downhill ala Moonlighting. Still as good as ever.

21. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The Wire: series one.

Scotian likes this.
  22. progrocker71

Too many adults forget (or block out) what it was like to be a teenager, the experience has never left me, so at age 43 I have no problems identifying with teenage characters in TV shows or films.

23. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Looking forward to tonight's part two on BBC2: Kim Philby: His Most Intimate Betrayal.

24. progrocker71

This week so far:

Bates Motel
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    How I Met Your Mother (just to see what everyone was complaining about)
    Orphan Black - finished up season 1 on Prime.
    The Americans - finished up season 1 on Prime.

25. Complier

Complier Senior Member

"The Wolf of Wall Street". I give it a 3 out of 5.