The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

TV,....my wife and I watched a full afternoon to evening of original Twilight Zone on Syfy channel for New Years Day just because we were too lazy to put in the DVD's (and we both love it), oddly we usually end up doing that every year. It just happens. New Year's day laziness I guess.

Other than that, nothing.

In many, many years other than a few Seinfeld episodes on and off I can't really think of anything.

I have very little use for TV in the last few decades or so. I have all of what I need on DVD or blu ray that I can't even get around to viewing.

Although.....I did watch quite a bit of each of Mash, Sanford and Son, Dick Van Dyke show, Man From Uncle, Mission Impossible, Hogan's Heroes and Andy Griffith Show on the classic channels over the air in the last few months just for the hell of it when I had my antenna hooked up on my man cave TV for a while just to see what I could pull in.

I recently pulled out Time Tunnel, My Mother The Car, Land Of The Giants, Lost In Space, and Wild, Wild West DVD sets and watched just the first few episodes of each of those.

Man.... I still have tons of classic TV shows on DVD/blu ray I bought cheap at the right time but are still sitting around sealed.

F Troop, Mr. Ed., Gilligan's Island, McHales Navy, Petticoat Junction, Green Acres, Get Smart, The Honeymooners, Adams Family, Beverly Hillbillies, Sgt. Bilko, I Dream Of Jeanie, Gomer Pyle, Bewitched, The Munsters, Superman, Rat Patrol. Well you get the idea.

So someday when I'm too old to move around much anymore I guess I'll sit and watch those. They will keep until then.

2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I'm the opposite. I'm 59 but I just don't get into the TV of the past much at all. I spent my adolescence in Africa with no TV and then carried the habit of no TV into the 'eighties and only started watching TV when I got married in '90. I think TV is getting better and better from that point on and most "classic" TV is just not interesting to me. I'd rather read old stuff than watch old stuff to be honest.

Vive la difference!

3. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Finally finished Breaking Bad, it took me 2 years (because of long breaks between seasons to keep from overdosing on grim). It was a very well-made show, very unique, deserves the accolades...and I have no desire to ever watch it again.

4. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

The Walking Dead
    Z Nation
    The Flash
    Supernatural
    Hell On Wheels
    Constantine
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    Falling Skies
    The Big Bang Theory
    Dominion
    Arrow

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The Munsters...nuthin muffins! LOL!

6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Three's Company is on right now.

Michael likes this.
  7. Lonson

Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce
    Modern Family (funny episode last night!)

8. Michael

an original TV episode of the Goldbergs...

9. Michael

absolutely loved Don Knotts in this!

Karnak and Holy Diver like this.
  10. Michael

my wife and I recently treked through the entire series of the original TZ, we also have the 80's and 90's versions...I enjoyed all of them.... it seems many love to hate the 90's version, but we really enjoyed it as well...BUT, none can compare to the original series...

GuildX700 likes this.
  11. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Just picked up the complete series of "The Addams Family" @ Best Buy, so I've started watching that... Just finished up both seasons of "The Monkees" a couple weeks back...

Michael likes this.
  12. Michael

are the DVDs still double sided? The Munsters were double sided DVDs on the 2 original season boxes, but when they released the complete Munsters series they were single sided DVDS! I had trouble with the 2 Munsters sets...

13. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Regarding "The Addams Family" DVDs: Yes, they're the double sided discs... I would have preferred single sided discs, but for the price I paid for the complete series, I can live with them ;) (The series was on sale for $24.99, a $45.00 sale discount...)

That's interesting about the "complete series" of "The Munsters" being single sided discs: I only bought the first season (regular release) and still need to pick up season two...

Michael likes this.
  14. Michael

the compete box is so much better with the single sided discs! I was thrilled to get it that way...one of my favorite shows!

15. Lonson

Watched three more episodes of Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce, I'm caught up now. This is a good show. . . with Lisa Edestein, Beau Garrett and Necar Zadegan lots of eye candy.

16. Michael

an episode of Man With a Camera...

17. Ronm1

Ronm1 Forum Resident

Starting 'The Wire'
    Never saw it. Borrowed the complete series from my son-in-law.

18. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Just started streaming the UK crime drama George Gently on Netflix last night.

19. audiofool

audiofool Senior Member

The first episode of Broadchurch series 2.

20. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

How was it? I just finished streaming series 1, which I liked quite a bit. Unfortunately Netflix doesn't have series 2 up yet.

21. audiofool

audiofool Senior Member

Quite absorbing, like Series One.

Top notch writing and acting.

Hawkeye likes this.
  22. Lonson

Scandal, season 3

23. Michael

GROUCHO! You Bet Your Life...

24. Ronm1