The Mentalist - any fans?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by bencasey, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjp

rjp Senior Member

real nice ending.....brought the show full circle.

also, a nice 7 year run, i'll miss it.

simon baker and robin tunney should be OK in the future, the others....we'll see. the 2 that left a couple years ago (amanda righetti and owain yeoman) have not done much since.

i hope cho gets work.

Karnak likes this.
  2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

3. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

shokhead likes this.
  4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Did anyone notice the 45 rmp label that Jane used to slip through the space between the door and the frame to unlock it? I think it was a Bell Records 45.

5. AJH

AJH Senior Member

Yes, light blue label- "Bell Records" is all I could make-out from my Directv DVR.

6. rockclassics

I agree. It looked like a Bell label to me too. Now for bonus points.....what brand and model receiver was in the same scene? It looked like a Pioneer SX receiver to me. Not sure what model number though.

7. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

any chance another station could pick it up?

8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Hmm it went by too quick for me to tell but I'll have another look if I can watch this online.

9. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I think that was touted as a possibility if one article I read awhile back but it feels like it's ended to me. I don't know if any of the main actors really want to carry on with it.

10. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Am I alone in thinking that the conclusion was a sell-out?

11. rockclassics

It wasn't as lame as it could have been. I half expected part 2 to be about nothing but the concluding event. I thought the balance along with the case was pretty good. Glad they didn't over do it. There were also some pretty funny scenes when Lisbon's brothers showed up.

Karnak likes this.
  12. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

I'll miss it too, especially Jane's anti-psychic barbs.

13. rockclassics

Overall, I think it was a hell of a good show. Like any show that lasts through many seasons, it had its ups and downs.....some seasons or episodes better or worse than others. But looking at it as a whole, it was a show that was probably better than 80-90% of the other crap on TV in the same time period.

eddiel and Karnak like this.
  14. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

An enjoyable diversion that might have survived the 'Red John' gap, had it not been relegated to absolute airtime uncertainty; many viewers simply gave up.

rockclassics likes this.
  15. Alan G.

Alan G. Forum Resident

Yeah, moving the show from a comfortable Thursday night, relegating it to Sunday night against Sunday Night Football - not just the top show in its timeslot, but the top of ALL shows - then moving the time because of CBS's late football game, even I missed episodes. And I liked this show!

The premise was fascinating, watching Jane "observe" people and surroundings, his knowledge of human nature. Plus straight-faced Cho was delightful. I'll certainly miss this program.

rockclassics likes this.
  16. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Nice finale, but as usual there were things that bothered me, so I'll ask in the spoiler:
    How did the FBI know to go to Jane's cabin? Jane and Lisbon basically agreed at the last second to change the venue to Jane's cabin and have it just be those two and the judge. The FBI knew the killer had gone to the county clerk and saw who the judge for their ceremony was, but how did the killer know where the judge lived (I assume this info is kept highly confidential from the public), how did he get in the very secure looking property and then into the trunk of her car without damaging the car? Did the FBI put out a "bolo" for the judge to know where she was going, and that's how they knew to go to the cabin? Is that even possible?
    I guess we all should have seen that last scene coming.
    And am I alone in not seeing anything wrong with "Slutty Elf" Lisbon?

17. rockclassics

If you are referring to the third dress she tried on.....no you are not alone. She looked good. Having Cho with her when shopping was one of the more humorous scenes. I really liked that character in the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.