The Mick (New TV Show on Fox)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Matthew Tate, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Bummer ratings sucks. Wonder if it makes it another season.

2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident Thread Starter

yes hopefully this and brooklyn 99 return for 1 more season each. even if its 1/2 a season. great shows

3. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Jimmy is the MVP

davidb1 and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

"The New Richard Belzer" - now THAT'S a show I'd pony-up to see! :laugh:

A show about a production team writing "The New Richard Belzer Comedy Hour" or whatever, greenlit by the network...who seems to have no idea Richard Belzer is dead!
    Everybody in the crew's jobs depend on the show, so they keep feeding the network b-s about him being too hungover to come in for a meeting, or rehearsal, or whatever.
    They send the network old clips of Munch popping-up in other shows as dailies - finally, one network guy gets suspicious...and so they have to kill him! The show must go
    on (and somehow everybody in the crew is desparately motivated to keep working on this show: family, gambling debt, the mob, whatever!)!

Maybe by Season Two, they cast an actual "New Richard Belzer"...because they network doesn't like how they've been treated by the original Richard Belzer*! Maybe some
    sniveling underling at the network has been making up stories about Belzer based on his not being available (but he wants to look like he's important, so he keeps making
    up stories of how he's in-touch with "his best friend Richard" all the time, so he's covering for himself as much as covering for Belzer (who, remember, is dead). Eventually
    this guy gets bounced...so the production company now has to come up with a likely old Belzer, who finally convinces the brass he's been around behind the scenes
    the entire time...and then he accidentally gets killed...so the production team (who has told the network they had to give him a Producer's cut to get him to sign-on),
    now has to spend the rest of Season Two, wheeling his corpse about, a la Weekend At Bernie's!

And, just when another of the irritating network guys figures it out, because Belzer was in Weekend In Bernie's**...and once he brings it up to somebody in the
    production team...they have to kill him as well! end Season Two!

And climax-building cliff-hanger...the Network is suddenly, inexplicably interested in changing the whole concept...to The New John Ratzenberger Comedy Hour!

Season Three: John Ratzenberger dies in the season premiere...without having said a line of dialog on the episode.

Uh- Oh, I'm sorry...were we still talking about The Mick...? :hide:

* Naturally, the new guy's real name is...John Munch - which nobody in the network or the production team pick up on...!
    **Easter Egg for know-it-all's...of course Belzer was not really in Weekend At Bernie's...!

...And, Richard Belzer breaks his own record, by being the first actor in a show to both be "in" the show while dead...and, his record-breaking character, John Munch, is also in the show...while dead! Ta-da!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Full disclosure: I watched this without ever having seen an episode of IASIP. I'm not liking season 2 as much as season 1 (it seems like Mick has mellowed somewhat), but for a broadcast network comedy it's just wrong enough to keep me interested. She'd be one of the most likeable characters on You're The Worst.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

Loving this show right now. We had gotten lucky and decided to try it right before Hulu took the first season off. I plan on buying the first season to rewatch. Definitely always sunny humor but it also has its own vibe. Jimmy is the best part of the show. Really hoping it'll go past season two. For me season 3 is when many of my favorite shows really start to shine.

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.