The Red Skelton Hour In Color Deluxe edition DVD box set

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Marshall, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello all,

I know there have been a couple threads about Red Skelton posted here. But, just wanted to mention that Time Life has recently released a 22 DVD box set of Red's TV shows. I just published a web article about the set. Here's the link: The Red Skelton Hour In Color: Deluxe Edition-DVD Review

Marshall

JohnO and Benno123 like this.
  2. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

3. Marshall

Yes, as one of the threads here mentioned, the show had a lot of musical guests on it over the years. As I mentioned in the article, it would have been nice if more than one song from the artist/artists were featured from each show in the DVD set. Some performers in the episodes not featured in the DVD set (from Skelton broadcasts) include, Dusty Springfield, Johnny Rivers, Paul Revere and The Raiders, Dionne Warwick, and many more.

Marshall

4. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

So, in other words, all of the shows are cut up?

5. Marshall

James,

The shows are edited, but not that bad. As I mention in the article, the 60's shows (which were hour programs) for the most part run 40-45 minutes; the 1950's shows (which were half hour long) are approx. 26 minutes each; and the 1970's shows (also half hour) are also approx. 24 minutes. None of the shows have the original commercials in them.

Marshall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.