The Rising on SACD?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GoldenBoy, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater Thread Starter

Has anyone heard if this one is coming to SACD? I know they have the Live in NYC release on SACD, but that one just doesn't interest me.

2. Rspaight

Rspaight New Member

I've heard rumblings that an SACD is planned, but no release date.

Ryan

3. GoldenBoy

Cool. Now if I could only find out why the planned release of Oasis' new one on SACD was cancelled....

4. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

I'm also waiting for The Rising on SACD.Maybe it's dual layer plant capability.At any rate it would be a good opportunity to get the word out on SACD.

5. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

Don't know anything about the sacd, but I heard a report yesterday that they were involved in a car accident and got banged up. Some mid-west concerts were cancelled. Hope they are OK.

6. bmoura

bmoura Senior Member

Was the Oasis SACD cancelled? According to the preorders section on the Elusive Disc web site the Oasis SACD is shown as "Delayed".

7. GoldenBoy

Well, I had the SACD pre-ordered from Tower and it was supposed to come out maybe 2 weeks or so after the CD release, then it was delayed to some time in September. A couple of days ago, however, I got an email from Tower telling me that my order was canceled, then the next day I got another email from Tower explaining that my order was canceled because the label canceled the planned release. :realmad:

John,

I heard about the car accident. Originally, it was thought to be less severe than it actually was as the passengers were just treated for some minor cuts and bruises and shock , but apparently Liam (and perhaps the other passengers as well) began experiencing some delayed symptoms and Oasis had to postpone more dates. Still, it is thought to be a relatively minor problem and should only require a few days bed rest and some painkillers for recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.