The Soundtrack of Our Lives-Behind The Music

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave D, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave D

Dave D Done! Thread Starter

I seem to be the only one who ever mentions these guys from Sweden with the mouthful of a name, The Soundtrack Of our Lives, and their cd Behind The Music, a great album full of Beatles meets Stooges meets Pink Floyd tunes. the only problem is, you guessed it, the cd is maximized to S#$T!!!! anyone know if the European version is the same?
    Thanks

www.tsool.com

Attached Files:

• big1.jpg
      big1.jpg
      File size:
      102.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member

"Sister Surround" sounded groovy on the radio, and I acquired a Warner sampler with the track on it. It is a big clump of foggy maxed out mud. So I will venture no further.

Same thing happened with Evanescence. Bought the CD single and the sound was atrocious. No more Evanescence.

When will they learn?

3. Dave D

Re: Re: The Soundtrack of Our Lives-Behind The Music

Really pisses me of......all these cd's with great music that are unlistenable.

4. Damián

Damián Forum Hall Of Fame

Re: Re: Re: The Soundtrack of Our Lives-Behind The Music

Aren't they available on vinyl? I know it's a bit of a hassle, it can even be a bit more expensive than the CD ('novelty value') and harder to find -and that's assuming you have a turntable-.

I'd tend to think they probably can't 'max out' an LP as much as they do a CD. It'd probably send the stylus jumping all across the record.

Just a thought.. cheers

5. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Get the vinyl. There's five additional songs on there that are great. One is a tabla type tune reminiscent of older Moody Blues.

It's not too hard to find and isn't too stupidly expensive. I think I paid $15.99 for it new.

6. Dave D

Does it sound better Jamie?

7. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Yes, it's more listeneable.

8. Damián

Jamie, do you know if what I said above has any truth to it (the part about 'them' not being able to maximize LPs as much as they do CDs 'cause of physical limitations -ie. mistracking- )?

Cheers

9. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

That digital limiter of death is used when they master CDs so they can hit 0dB every second the song is playing. With vinyl they may run it through a compressor but it's nowhere near as deadly. There are physical limitations in vinyl but I think that visual digital meter flooring isn't there to stimulate the mastering engineer (or producer) so they back off.

Anyway, the LP defiantly breathes more (in a good way). I've noticed this on other records. OK Computer is like that. The Radiohead vinyl is so much better and one of my favorite records.

10. Damián

Cool .. man, I'd kill for OK Computer on vinyl. Nowhere to be seen 'round here though. :realmad:

11. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

Don't want to depress you Damian but I have the UK vinyl. Sounds great. And no...it's not for sale!

12. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

Yes. My copy of this album on CD sounds very much that way. I've playes it a couple of times and no more. It is a real shame 'cos the music is pretty good.

13. Damián

That's OK, I'm used to stuff not being available round here. :realmad:

14. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Wow..This must be a first...Ever picture in this thread is in BLACK & WHITE! before my posting here...Neat!

15. Damián

:laugh: :thumbsup: Who'd have noticed.. since you brought it up (sort of), what's your avatar Michael?

Cheers

16. stever

stever Senior Member

I picked up the 2001, "Behind the Music," import CD for $17.98 about one month before it came out domestically. It's on Telegram Records Stockholm, from Warner Music Sweden. The disc is made in Germany and distributed by Warner Manufacturing Europe. The stock/UPC number is 8573-86715-2. I haven't heard the domestic release so can't make comparisons, but it might be worth seeking out if the domestic pressing sounds so sh**ty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.