The Stones Are Coming

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bill, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill

Bill Senior Member Thread Starter

With all of the information (and mis-information) about what Stones releases are coming out (or not coming out) on Tuesday, for what it's worth, J and R sent me an email saying that, yesterday, it shipped my complete order of the British Between the Buttons and Aftermath, Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed. This is becoming quite a media event.

2. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Bill,

Of my order of all of the single-disc titles other than the two hits discs, J&R only shipped the following:

OUT OF OUR HEADS (UK)
    BETWEEN THE BUTTONS (UK)
    LET IT BLEED
    METAMORPHOSIS
    AFTERMATH
    AFTERMATH (UK)
    BEGGARS BANQUET
    THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST

Jay

3. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

I'll be picking up all 11 (or however many ABKCO shoots us) around noon on Monday at my local maw-n-paw. That's when their UPS guy shows up with the Tuesday releases. Guess I won't be getting much work done after that ;-)

4. I placed my order with J&R live, thru their 800 number. The CSR said the CDs would ship Tuesday or more than likely Wednesday.It would be great if they were shipped sooner. Maybe I'll call back Wednesday and get a confimation on that, since they don't have my E-mail address.

5. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

OK, guys. Went to Best Buy today, and they had a notice in the Stones section that the remasters had been delayed for a week and that they would issue rainchecks for Hot Rocks and Metamorphosis only, and only through today. I was shocked and dismayed that they wouldn't be honoring the advertised prices next week. As an aside, this leads me to believe that the other remasters will be priced higher in-store.

Anyway, since I wanted to get Hot Rocks on the day of release (I ordered all the others on the 'net), I asked for a raincheck. Well, before processing the raincheck, the computer indicated that the store had 12 copies in stock, so the very nice woman helping me checked in back and brought out a copy for me! I didn't ask about any other titles, since I already felt like I had cheated fate. This should tide me over until the other discs arrive over the coming week(s).

Jay

6. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Whatta bunch of weasels ! And I shouldn't put weasels down that way.

Their webpage still has all single titles at $12.99 with the free shipping deal. If I visit Tuesday and get the same story I'll just order 'em from the webpage or J&R.

Hell, I've waited this long. A few more days won't hurt.

Mud-

7. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Nice snag, Jay. I was in Best Buy today on an unrelated matter (CD shopping for my wife's birthday) and saw the signs for Hot Rocks and Metamorphosis, but I did not pursue rainchecks because neither is on my short list.

8. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Thanks, Craig. Asking for the raincheck seemed to have been the keys to the kingdom, as it were. As a digipak-phobe, these packages do nothing to change my mind. Pretty chintzy, in my opinion.

Now, I guess I'll be asking for an SACD player for Christmas :D I hope by that time a number of Steve's remasters will also have hit retail!

Jay

P.S. Does your wife like getting CDs for her birthday? My wife expects it out of me, but I don't think she gets any big thrill out of my sharing the habit with her.

9. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Only if it's something she's specifically mentioned. We've both learned after twenty-seven years that it's best not to try to figure out what music the other person might like. The silence of an unplayed CD given as a gift can be very revealing. We save the guesswork for stuff less important than music.:love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.