The "Sundazed" Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DCW, Feb 16, 2014.

1. KLF.

KLF. Active Member

Is this the same Sundazed/Music lovers company that uses out of copyright CD albums to press to vinyl and CD ?
    KLF.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    mooseman likes this.
  2. heliocentric

heliocentric Forum Resident

Does anyone know if they ship to the uk? I've emailed them 3 times over the last few years and never got a reply?

3. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Browsing the site and some pretty cool mono titles.

Might be easier to state my question this way...

Which mono cds/lps that youve bought were NOT impressive?

Are there some bum mono titles?

4. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

They DO ship to the UK. I am more worried about their packaging.

5. You Better You Bet

You Better You Bet Forum Resident

And your source for this question/comment is?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    sitar66 likes this.
  6. PJJK

PJJK Forum Resident

Man - I listened to Van Morrison Blowing Your Mind on Sundazed and the sound quality was fantastic!

Is this a label that is considered a quality team?

You Better You Bet and sitar66 like this.
  7. Brudy

Brudy Senior Member

I have many Sundazed pressings and they're all done well. The only one from a sound quality perspective that I didn't like was The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee LP. It just sounded dull and lifeless compared to my beat up original. But other than that, they've been great.

BrokenByAudio and sitar66 like this.
  8. the mono Donavan records

9. And the first several Moby Grape albums before their old manager ass-wipe* pulled the plug on them.

*Name withheld by poster

Rickchick and sitar66 like this.
  10. no

sitar66 likes this.
  11. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

I've got several of their LPs, and while all are great, the ones that really stand out in my mind are:

13th Floor Elevators - Psychedelic Sounds
    Captain Beefheart - Safe As Milk
    Stooges - s/t and Funhouse
    Velvet Underground - mono box

12. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

Played VDP—Discover America last night and was struck by how good it sounds. I do not have an original to compare.

sitar66 likes this.
  13. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

Love Sundazed vinyl! I've got-

The Meters - Zony Mash (Comp. of their rare Josie Singles & B-sides)
    Captain Beefheart & The Magic band - Safe As Milk (Mono)
    The Stooges - Funhouse
    The Stooges - Raw Power (Bowie Mix)
    13th Floor Elevators - Psychedelic Sounds (Mono)

Campbell Saddler and sitar66 like this.
  14. sitar66

sitar66 Member

Hey folks - Bob Irwin from Sundazed here. Thanks for all the love and kind comments - it's all SO VERY appreciated… We've never taken anything for granted here - we keep our heads down and keep working and we ALWAYS search for and find ways to improve… For the record, nearly all of our LPs are pressed at either RTI or QRP these days. That goes for all back catalog as well. Kevin Gray cuts 99% of all Sundazed lacquers. And honestly, all Mary and I ever wanted was to have uber-creative jobs - jobs that we loved. And, we got that in spades - after 25+ years, nearly every single day is a new musical thrill; conceptualizing… sleuthing… licensing… building… mastering… completing… and delivering. Seeing all the kind comments here makes it all worthwhile. Thank you all SO much - we'll keep on going here, for sure!!!

15. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

We appreciate the GREAT sounds...keep'em coming! :righton:

16. goat65cars

goat65cars Jerry A Great Dog We Miss You RIP 2002 To 2020

love SUNDAZED.the DYLAN+BYRDS MONO reissues are fantastic.

17. crispi

crispi Vinyl Archaeologist

Wow! :love:

18. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I generally like Sundazed too, but I agree on "Walk Away Renee", and will add to it the Sundazed versions of Love's "Forever Changes" and the mono "Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton". Veiled and kind of lifeless.

19. Two words : Bookends Mono. Ok and Moby Grape again when that idiot who used to manage them gets put in an institution. Love your label.

20. crispi

crispi Vinyl Archaeologist

Sundazed is my favourite present-day reissue company. Amazing the stuff you guys put out. I order from overseas (over amazon) and only once did I ask for a replacement for a defective copy. All my Sundazed pressings are great, even those from United. If the shipping would not be so expensive, I would order from your site directly and take advantage of all of your garage sales. Sometimes I just spend time on your website browsing and listening to the samples (great site, just like somebody else mentioned before!). I can't tell you how enthusiastic I am about this label. Absolute love. :agree:

21. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Sundazed along with Big Beat have been my favorite reissue labels for a long time. Over 20 years. Thank you Bob as well as the rest of your staff too. You guys do great work with attention to detail. I've never bought an inferior reissue from you and am confident that won't change. Keep up the great work.:righton:

Campbell Saddler, crispi and sitar66 like this.
  22. GetHappy!!

GetHappy!! Forum Resident

Bob, just a note to say fantastic work on the Jefferson Airplane titles. And I'll join the chorus that the recent Donovan titles have been tremendous.

zobalob and sitar66 like this.
  23. Brudy

Brudy Senior Member

Picked up the Blues Magoo's "Psychedelic Lollipop" last night and just got to spin it - sounds great so far.

Rickchick and sitar66 like this.
  24. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

this is what i got-
    stevie ray vaughn texas flood..not much different from the original epic label...but i like it better.
    jefferson airplanee after bathing at baxters...i like it..could be better i suppose
    jefferson airplane crown of creation...i slightly prefer my original rca.
    the trashmen surfin bird...sounds fantastic.

sitar66 likes this.
  25. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

I always think of "Collectors Choice" when I think of Sundazed.
    Are they related?

Collectors Choice released that wonderful Fred Neil compilation. I never thought I would hear unreleased Freddy ... ever.
    Also a great Quicksilver Messenger Service compilation and "cheapo cheap productions Real Live John Sebastian".
    Old Youngbloods and more.