"The Venture Bros." Ongoing Discussion (The Thread of Calamitous Intent)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vince, May 29, 2008.

1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

Did I catch a glimpse of PAZUZU in that trailer?!?!?!?

Ken_McAlinden likes this.
  2. vince

Here's a fuzzy video of the Comic-Con panel:

charlie W likes this.
  3. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

I watched it but the audio is so bad, I couldn't understand most of it. Hopefully, a better version shows up on YT soon.

4. vince

charlie W likes this.
  5. mcchocchoc

mcchocchoc Forum Resident

The Venture Bros book was finally released this week. Totally worth the wait. I got my copy yesterday. INCREDIBLE. Every fan needs this book. Really looking forward to this Sunday's season 7 premiere!

Jamiroquai, Ken_McAlinden and vince like this.
  6. vince

Somebody put the first two episodes up on YouTube!!!
    If, like me, you don't normally stay up past midnight!

mcchocchoc likes this.
  7. mcchocchoc

Yeah, the first two episodes were leaked earlier this week. I just watched the first episode over at [as] dot com. Excellent start! Boy, Hank has himself in a rough spot! They sure left us hanging there and also at the Venture Headquarters. Damn, that shoulda been a double length episode!

For a while now the [as] website airs new episodes of shows online before the television premiere. So new eps of the show can be watched every Friday.

This season is gonna be great.

charlie W, dbsea and vince like this.
  8. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

Just watched the first episode on adultswim.com. Loved it and the plot twist. It's a two parter. And they brought back the T-shirt of the week promotion.

mcchocchoc likes this.
  9. mcchocchoc

The Shirt Club is great, in the past I ordered the whole subscription, this year I'll just buy a few.

I believe that the premiere is part of a 3 part run of eps, according to a review of the premiere I read this morning....
    here is a quote from the article . . .

"these first three episodes of the season are connected together as the “Orphic Trilogy,”"

here is that review . . its a good read . . .

The Venture Bros. Season 7 Episode 1 Review: The Venture Bros & The Curse of the Haunted Problem

Vidiot likes this.
  10. mcchocchoc

Also a heads up . . The Venture Bros 2018 SDCC panel is available to watch in nice quality now on the [as] app.

[​IMG]

Vidiot likes this.
  11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

12. mcchocchoc

Good read, thanks. I think that Dr. Jonas Venture Sr. may also be the Father of Monarch.

Vidiot likes this.
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That would be too funny.

Hey, did they ever explain what happened to Mrs. Dr. Venture, the mom?

mcchocchoc likes this.
  14. mcchocchoc

Hmmmm. Not that I can recall, also asked my wife who is a fan. I just looked at the new book and in the initial treatment written by Christopher McCulloch there is a page showing, detailing the back story of Doctor Venture (Rusty) and there is no mention of a Mom, just Dad.

Damn, now I gotta dig deeper to see if there ever was any info about his Mother. lol.

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

This was also a plot hole in the original Jonny Quest as well. The later 1980s series developed a whole storyline where Dr. Zin had killed Jonny's mother and there was conflict between father and son over it, but I think this was just a lot of angst thrown into the show by HB to create artificial conflict. At least when they do it in Venture Bros., it's entertaining and not just schtick.

mcchocchoc likes this.
  16. mcchocchoc

I thought this was a good clip. SDCC 2018.

vince likes this.
  17. Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai Forum Resident

Mine came today!!! I haven’t had a chance to dig into it yet. Almost never thought it would get released.

mcchocchoc likes this.
  18. mcchocchoc

Go Team Venture! Nice, I'm willing to bet you will LOVE that book. Insanely good.

I kinda lost hope it was gonna come out some time ago. The best thing about that long delay was that they were able to include season 6. From the forwards written within the book it looks like it was pretty much ready last year. I'm thinking they held off even longer for release to have it tie in with the season 7 premiere.

19. vince

So, I noticed last night, that their showing the previous episode at 9pm, a REASONABLE TIME!
    Saw Ep. 2 on their web-site:
    BOY, that was a LOT of "JAWS" references!

mcchocchoc and charlie W like this.
  20. mcchocchoc

Sweet ep! As expected it delivered. So many excellent scenes.
    Gary one-upping with 24's bloody glove . . . . wow. As always, excellent music/soundtrack during most all of the episode. That's the short version. I may post again about this one, longer, rambling. Another cliffhanger, a double cliffhanger? lol. This show is so damn good.

21. mcchocchoc

short clip from last nights episode . .

vince likes this.
  22. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

So now we're slowly learning the fate of Jonas Venture Sr. and it seems to be a significantly important event for some Guild members and old Team Venture

23. vince

AND...it WASN'T the 'mother's-little-helpers' that were giving Rusty those 'visions' in that old episode, when they were on Gargantua-1!

24. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

Wow! Just watched this Sunday's episode and it's a doozy. You may need a score card to track all the plot twists

mcchocchoc likes this.
  25. vince

I tried to watch it on the adult swim site, and it kept screwing up on me!
    I'll try again tomorrow

charlie W likes this.