The very LEAST frequently covered Beatles songs, and examples of covers of them.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rooster_Ties, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Ben Taylor, son of James & Carly, did a nice version of "I Will"

Rickie Lee Jones did "For No One" on her CD which is coming out on SACD shortly. An excellent version at that.

2. edised

edised Forum Resident

3. Mike the Fish

Mike the Fish Señor Member

That's cheeky.

4. I have World Party - "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" (Track 3) on the W German Chrysalis/Ensign CD single of "Way Down Now" purchased back in the day, 1990. The other two "B sides"/bonus tracks are brilliant nods to the Rolling Stones. Track 2 is a song called "You're All Invited To The Party". At the time, I played the song for several friends who said it was better than any songs the Stones recored on Steel Wheels. Track 4 is "Nature Girl", imitating the falsetto Mick Jagger.

Here is an excerpt from the CD single, including "Happiness..." and the two Stones influenced songs.

http://download.yousendit.com/9A5480420D2DD353

I also have the World Party cover of "Martha My Dear" around somewhere. It also is an identical reading to the original version and arrangement.

Attached Files:

5. Yes, the inner groove has been covered.

U.K. comedian comedian and musician Chris Sievey's alter ego Frank Sidebottom recorded "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" on the 1988 U.K. LP released by New Musical Express magazine for charity, Sgt. Pepper Knew My Father. The LP is a complete re-recording of Pepper featuring Wet Wet Wet, Michelle Shocked, Billy Bragg. Sonic Youth, Wedding Present and Sidebottom among others.

At the end of "...Mr. Kite" Sidebottom begins to sing the run-out groove and then is interupted. You can hear an excerpt of the Sidebottom song here. Quite funny.

http://download.yousendit.com/EBAEA6DC6CA460E9

Attached Files:

6. Mike the Fish

Mike the Fish Señor Member

I have actually heard some/part of that album as it turns out. Didn't like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.