The Walking Dead Season 6 Returns on Sunday Feb. 14, 2016

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

nah, he never stood up. he was slouching a bit and straightened up when Negan approached him but that was it - I suppose that was an attempt to show defiance or whatever. the only one who made an attempt to stand was Glenn (who got knocked down) after Negan threatened to put Maggie "out of her misery" or whatever he said. when rewatching the scene, one of the most interesting directorial choices was how Rick basically has the worst posture of any of the group with the possible exception of the severely hill Maggie, and even she manages to pull it together a bit. Rick looks thoroughly defeated.

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think the producers have the flexibility of killing almost any of them. The most horrific, dramatic thing for them to do would be to kill Maggie: a pregnant woman with health issues.

3. Plus Maggie just got killed in BvS. :tiphat:

4. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

WHAT DID I JUST SAY!!!

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I wasn't initially interested in Preacher, but now that I've seen the promos, I'll definitely try the first couple of episodes.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  6. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I just watched the final episode again & knowing what the outcome was & the pacing of it, I thought it was a pretty strong episode. The Carol & Morgan storyline was a bore & the logistics of two people running while carrying a stretcher at night is pretty funny. I liked the cat & mouse game with the RV. The last 10 minutes with Negan were electric. I did read issue #100 of the comic to see how it compared & think it would have been probably the best episode ever if they had followed through with it to where the comic ended, although I don't think the show is going to get anywhere near as graphic as the comic & I'm not sure it could be or id I'd want it to be. Being that graphic would certainly put this show properly in the horror genre, which it seems to lose it's way from quite often.

7. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

That's not a spoiler. Everyone who's heard of Batman knows Bruce Wayne's parents get killed in front of him. That's why he becomes Batman. Wait...you did know Bruce Wayne was Batman, right?

8. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Playboy Bruce Wayne is Batman? Why would you reveal that, are you aware that you've just put his life, and the lives of his loved ones, in danger?

9. Exactly.

10. Phil Tate

Yes. It was a joke. Someone on Twitter pointed out that they've seen Batman's parents die more times than they've seen their own parents kiss.

Plus, spoil away - I have absolutely no desire to see BvS :)

11. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Wait is too long between seasons.

MikeInFla likes this.
  12. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Just like Ma Kent "outing" Clark on Facebook.

[​IMG]

13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

I agree it sucks and then we get a taste and they take another break...gimmie a break.
    But like true fans we deal and then bitch about it! LOL...

14. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

You asked for a break{gimmie a break} and get one and complain about it.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

15. Michael

Dude, Did you really take that literally? Didn't you ever hear the phrase "Gimmie A Break?" ..like man, Gimmie a break from the BullS^^t...LOL absolutely hysterical.

16. Phil Tate

Wow, you really have to signpost jokes in this thread.

17. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

DUDE! You didn't see I was joking? You didn't notice the:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Can't even joke around here anymore. Starting to be like the NFL.

Michael likes this.
  18. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Dude! Sorry, just wanted in.

19. Michael

4 times the charm...gotcha! OK, my friend.

20. Michael

yes, In large letters please. LOL!

21. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

The Walking Dead: Puppy Edition

22. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Ironically, so did Neegan.

Mazzy likes this.
  23. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I just caught up on season 6 on Netflix over the last few days, and I was reminded yet again how soap opera, "THIS IS HOW IT IS NOW AND WE NEED EACH OTHER" so many of the dialogue scenes are.

The best episode of the season was the flashback with Morgan, which I also think is one of the best of the show's entire run. It also makes his subsequent decisions resonate more, because you can see where he's coming from. The tension between what he's trying to preserve vs the world he's living in works for me. We saw this with Dale, too, of course, and it's a theme they clearly want to keep alive in the series in different guises.

There's really something kind of amazing in this show which is just so uninspiringly (and often stupidly) written and yet somehow manages to be entertaining. I think it's the premise and a few charismatic actors that drive this thing, punctuated with some really tense moments. The rest is a lot of bland, over-acted monologues about MY PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT or (at best) corn pone philosophy about humanity/society/blah blah, which essentially recycles the same speech over and over and over. This show is like a bumblebee: shouldn't be able to fly, but it does.

Regarding the finale, only the last scene is of much interest, and it's nerve-wracking, so bravo for how it was staged. I don't mind that it was a cliffhanger.

As my mind drifted during one of the endless dialogue scenes involving the sharing of feelings, I wondered what it would be like if the writers had these characters talk about more interesting things, make better decisions and STILL get into difficult situations. A much smarter show, for sure, and probably one of greater tension. I've just always wanted the show to be more like Season 1, which moved swiftly, had very little flab, and was brilliant.

And yet, I ate these episodes up. It's confounding.

24. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Nailed it.

The most idiotic thing about this show is how characters evolve to one place and then devolve back to where they were and then evolve again. It is like each character is just on a pendulum. Instead of true character development they just swing back and forth between two places.

Kyhl and Chris from Chicago like this.
  25. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I think the underlying problem may be the narrative contrivances. I don't know exactly what the writing process is like for this show, but I assume it begins with something like a map of plot points for the season, and then the writers figure out how to get the characters into these situations. Some of that is necessary, obviously, but too often it feels like the people are just pawns. The result: stupid, inconsistent characters who never seem to learn anything.

artfromtex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.