The Who's Magic Bus On Tour album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KLM, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KLM

KLM Senior Member Thread Starter

With the remastered version of My Generation coming out in a few months, I believe that leaves this album left for the remaster treatment. I refuse to buy the currently available version and am hoping a remastered version will include some nice bonus tracks as well.

So two questions for discussion:

-Is this going to be remastered and when?
    -What should be included on this release?

I know, I know, get someone else to remaster it than the current engineer (no names mentioned but you know who everyone's thinking of) but that's not the question.

2. Rspaight

Rspaight New Member

Since this was an invention of the American record company (since they were sick of waiting for Tommy, IIRC) rather than an actual Who album, I doubt this will ever see the light of day again. No real loss, since I don't think it had anything on it that's unavailable elsewhere.

In Marsh's book, Pete calls it "the worst thing that's ever gone down."

Ryan

3. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

It does, actually. Firstly, it has the stereo Magic Bus (no biggie, I know, but...) and it *also* has an alternate mix of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde that shows up nowhere else. Surprisingly, this was retained for the CD. The other version is on the Rarities CD.

-D

4. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Pete obviously never read Marsh's second Springsteen biography Glory Days. That's the worst thing that has ever gone down. This self-styled guardian of rock's morality positioned his head as far up the hind quarters of the Boss as is physically possible. As fate would have it, Marsh's wife was (and continues to be) gainfully employed by.... Jon Landau, the Boss's manager. I've always been a big fan of Bruce, but, after Glory Days, I could never bring myself to read Marsh again. In another day, Marsh would have fit in well with Red and the other members of Elvis' Memphis Mafia. Synchophantmania.

john lennonist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.