The worst cartoons of the 90's

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

For those not wanting to watch a 50-minute video, I put the list in spoilers

10. Donkey Kong Country (1996-2000)
    9. Caillou (1997-2010)
    8. Angela Anaconda (1991-2001)
    7. Little Shop (1991)
    6. Hammerman (1991)
    5. Kid'n Play (1990-1991)
    4. The Brothers Flub (1999-2000)
    3. Stressed Eric (1998-2000)
    2. Gross-Out Trend (Mega-Babies, Brothers Grunt, Shnookums & Meat etc.)
    1. The Wacky World Of Tex Avery (1997-1998)

Dishonorable Mentions (Pro Stars; Yo-Yogi; New Kids On The Block; Pinkie, Elmyra & The Brain; Wish Kid; Quack Pack

Of the ones listed I've only ever seen...
    Caillou (which I don't really have a problem with), Little Shop (awful!) Hammerman (inexcusably bad animation and padded, stupid stories), and New Kids On The Block (terrible animation even by DIC standards including live cutaways to live action footage because there were so many animation mistakes!).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Ah yes. The VERY CREEPY puppets of Caillou.

3. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Caillou - just awful.

4. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Can't believe that Elmyra joined Pinky and the Brain. Wikipedia said that it got good reviews, though.

5. PaulKTF

Wikipedia is wrong! :) It's a terrible cartoon. I like Animanics and P&TB, and Tiny Toon Adventures, but that show is just terrible!

6. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

During its short run, Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain received critical acclaim, winning major animation awards. The series won an Annie Award, in 1999, for "Outstanding Individual Achievement for Voice Acting in an Animated Television Production." Both Rob Paulsen for his voicing of Pinky, and Cree Summer for her voicing of Elmyra, were nominated in the category, with Paulsen winning the award.[4] That same year Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain was nominated for another Annie Award, "Outstanding Individual Achievement for Directing in an Animated Television Production,"[4] as well as winning a Daytime Emmy Award in 2000, for "Outstanding Children's Animated Program."[5]

7. PaulKTF

Okay, fair enough- I just meant the show sucked and a lot of fans of the characters thought it sucked. LOL!

8. MikaelaArsenault

:righton:

9. MikaelaArsenault

I just love the later seasons without the puppets. Though the early seasons are alright too.

ianuaditis likes this.
  10. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

I think that Donkey Kong Country show is enjoyable in a "so bad it's good" kind of way, just like Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and the Mario cartoons. Even thought the songs are pretty cheesy, I have to admit that Donkey Kong's singing voice is magnificent. Seriously, this guy should've made a few albums! If you're in the right state of mind, this show can be worth watching

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  11. DiabloG

I forgot that there were puppets in Calliou, and yeah, they really do look creepy. I haven't watched the show since 2004, so I guess that's why I didn't remember!

ianuaditis and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i think i can say, with 100% certainty, that i never even saw one single second of any cartoon in the 1990's.

13. PaulKTF

Then you missed out on some really great cartoons from Disney, Warner Bros., and Nickelodeon across several different genres.

14. DiabloG

What about Batman: The Animated Series. It's got lots of great storytelling and emotional moments that pack quite a punch. If there's any 90's cartoon to watch, then Batman's the one.

15. PaulKTF

Yeah, I've never really seen it but I've heard very good things about it from people who are fans. It's supposed to be one of the best animated series not just of the 90's but all time.

Steve Carras likes this.
  16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

nope, no kids does that to you i guess.

17. rjp

rjp Senior Member

if you say so, i can't argue, because what i said is true.

here is one for you:

i have never even seen one single entire episode of 'the simpsons" i've watched a couple of minutes of it here and there, and it just did nothing for me. i'm weird i guess.

18. PaulKTF

Well that's another show you need to see (well, the first couple seasons, anyway). :)

19. MikaelaArsenault

20. arminl

arminl New Member

How about Cow and Chicken. I have seen one episode and I felt bored. However, there are some who enjoyed it and watched the entire series.

21. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

The only one on the list that I've actually watched is Caillou.
    I only saw it a few times because even my daughter hated it. She was the target audience at the time, and she thought the show was stupid.

DiabloG and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  22. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

They should have done a Robot Chicken with Charlie Brown violently killing Caillou screaming "There can be only one bald kid."

23. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

That was ok. Kind of a Ren and Stimpy knock off dialed back to be more acceptable.

24. latedep31

latedep31 Forum Resident

Except I enjoyed it a lot more than Ren & Stimpy. I always thought Ren & Stimpy was dumb.

25. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I agree, and would extend it to the entire Animated DC Universe which consists of the following series:
    • Batman: The Animated Series
    • Superman: The Animated Series
    • Justice League
    • Justice League Unlimited
    • Static Shock
    • Batman Beyond
    • The Zeta Project

Thwacko, MikaelaArsenault and DiabloG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.