Things That You Wish Were On YouTube

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

I thought that this would be fun! Post something that you wish existed or just simply post what you would like to see on YouTube.

Benno123 likes this.
  2. MikaelaArsenault

The recording of the Recess episode "The Dude"

3. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

Anything I try to view but at the time I get the "This has been removed for copyright reasons" warning ...

Dudley Morris, tmtomh, Grant and 12 others like this.
  4. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

America on ABC's In Concert. I saw it the night it aired and remember a really good version of "Cornwall Blank."

5. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Sign 'O' the Times movie

tmtomh likes this.
  6. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

There are some telecasts (or highlights of telecasts) of sporting events I wish were on YouTube, but I strongly suspect they are lost.

One on my list is an opening segment of the 1972 Sapporo Winter Olympics, with John Denver's theme song "Victory Is Peace" played in context of an NBC telecast. The song itself is all but lost; a couple of Denver fans have posted needledrops of the hopelessly rare record, which seems to be an in-house demo. (With all the interest in Denver since his passing, why "Victory Is Peace" has never been officially released is a good question.)

Another on my list is the March 1, 1977 college basketball game, a joint production of NBC and TVS, between San Francisco and Notre Dame. The Dons entered the game 29-0 but lost badly, and NBC - for the first and perhaps only time - named the Notre Dame student body as its Players of the Game. YouTube has the coaches' film synced to the AM radio broadcast. The NBC telecast seems to be lost.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  7. Thwacko

Thwacko Forum Resident

Some goofy PBS kids shows from the late 70's to early 80's only I seem to remember. There was one with some kids in a clubhouse who went on missions to defeat their enemy, a floating head with (I think) a green face. Another where a ventriloquist dummy hosted news segments from an anchor desk, and another featuring a skeleton marionette puppet with a reverby voice in front a black background. Also, "Search For Science" and "The Draw Man".

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  8. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

On a side note its kind of amazing some of the things it does have. I wanted to watch some old SCTV episodes and there they were. A whole bunch of 'em.

But something I wish it had - The Who film The Kids are Alright.

Scopitone and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  9. WillieDaPimp

WillieDaPimp Good bad, not evil

King Crimson's albums :(

10. MikaelaArsenault

A mashup of Genius Of Love by Tom Tom Club and Fantasy by Mariah Carey.

Johnny Rocker and fr in sc like this.
  11. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

12. John54

John54 Senior Member

The Game Game, a psychology-themed quiz show that ran for one season on CBS, 1969-70, that I used to watch religiously. One episode is on YouTube, with George Carlin as one of the guests.

Any song I like that isn't already up, mainly because it's more convenient to click and listen while I'm on the Internet than to change CDs or records ...

13. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

The iconic Bill Plympton animated short, "Your Face": rediculously morphed faces in his scratchy-coloured-pencil look, to a slowed-down recording of a tender tenor ballad about what the title says it's about. If you liked "How To Quit Smoking"...you have no idea what your currently-dry trousers are in for once you get a load of this. It should not work. It works. Oh, it works gangbusters.

14. Classicolin

Classicolin ‘60s/‘70s Rock Fanatic/Crown Kingdom Guitarist

There's this episode with Burt Reynolds, Jessica Walter, and Doug McClure:

15. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I wish all of these episodes were on there:

The intro and one or two episodes are on YouTube but nothing more. Also the ABC After School Specials. There are a couple of those including an episode featuring Melora Hardin and Dana Hill. Melora grew up and played Monk's wife Trudy on Monk.

[​IMG]
    She was a kid actress that turned out OK and continues to act today. Dana Hill passed away from diabetes complications in 1996. It was a strange but good after school special. Made me want to see more.

Something else I searched for on YouTube and actually found were most of the episodes for "James At 15" including the TV movie/pilot.

16. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I'd say so. She is seriously hot and extremely talented. Also Jan from "The Office".

17. nopedals

nopedals Forum Resident

Aspect ratio controls.

The US version of TWTWTW.

MikaelaArsenault and fr in sc like this.
  18. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

The lost execution scene from Double Indemnity.

Karnak likes this.
  19. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

1970s episodes of "The Uncle Floyd Show" from Channel 68 in New Jersey.

20. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

Richard J Anobile's original audio recordings of his interviews done with Groucho, Zeppo, Gummo Marx, (and many others). Used for the preparation of his book "The Marx Brothers Scrapbook". (If these tapes still exist?)

21. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

The 90s TV show Dinosaurs. It was a Honeymooners-type sitcom starring dinosaurs as main characters and it was actually quite good. I showed it to my daughter years back and we loved it, but Disney has apparently since pulled many of the episodes down.

Also I'd like to see Jabberwocky again. It was a kids show locally produced out of Boston in the 1970s and was a real emblem of its time. There was a homeless puppet living in a cardboard box and some young hippy-ish people and most of the episodes revolved around music and performance arts. I recall loving the show but I don't remember much more about it now, it's been decades since I've seen it. I think the show only had episodes produced for 2 or 3 years but even as late as 1993-94 I recall seeing it listed in TV Guide at 5:30 am, so they must have shown repeats for quite a while. I have a low-quality vid of the animated opening credits (there are definite Yellow Submarine influences here) but I've never seen a full show anywhere except TV.

I'd also like to see those trippy Sesame Street short cartoons they used to have back in the early 1970s when the show was still awesome. Jefferson Airplane did the music for this one short that featured race cars numbered one through ten, that song seriously rocked.

MikeInFla likes this.
  22. MikaelaArsenault

The movies that the cast of The Brady Bunch were in. Also, The Brady Bunch specials and the actual show itself. Night Court and Whose Line would be awesome to see.

Johnny Rocker and zebop like this.
  23. MikaelaArsenault

Dana died?

24. MikaelaArsenault

Fudge (The ABC and CBS sitcom from the 90s)

25. kch27

kch27 Forum Resident

To be totally unrealistic, I'd like to see the original Orson Welles cut of The Magnificent Ambersons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.