Three Stooges Collection DVDs

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

A Plumbing We Will Go. Curly in the tub with endless piping!:laugh:

Mister Charlie likes this.
  2. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Thanks!
    It's been ages but I soitenly remember Curly and miles of pipe!

3. Michael

that was one of my favorites as well! priceless...I'm cracking up as I type this!:laugh:

4. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

How about "Calling Doctor Howard"

5. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

My favorite short.

6. Michael

I remember every scene! must have seen that show hundreds of times

7. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

Don't know if this was mentioned previously. I picked up the complete box at Best Buy since it was so cheap, even though I already owned all the individual volumes, including the rarities discs. However, volume 7 does not have the two 3d shorts. The individual volume 7 I bought previously had both the 2d and the 3d versions and two pairs of 3d glasses. The set in the box just has the 2d versions and the text on the back of the case has been edited to remove references to the 3d shorts. Since I have the version with them it's not a big deal. Anybody else find this to be the case? Strange that they would change that when that volume is identical in every other way.

8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Wow, first word on a collectable.

9. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Mine has the 3D shorts. Prefer watching them in 2D though.

Evan

10. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Another photo from the reunion show.

1604878_796924666989887_1603052531_n.jpg

somebodywhocares likes this.
  11. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

Was it in the box or was it the separate volume?

12. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

The box.

Evan

13. Ken K

Ken K Forum Resident

I have the individual sets as well as the boxed set. After reading your post, I checked mine and it does have the mention of the 3-D shorts (not sure about the glasses though).

14. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

Interesting. So it seems like a couple of you guys at least did get the 3d versions in the box and I didn't. So it's possible it can come either way. At least I have the 3d's on the separate volume. Still, I may contact Sony about it and ask for a replacement.

15. Michael

I have the separate vol 7 and the box set...the box set volume 7 does not have the sticker on the outside shrinkwrap (still sealed), but I can see the glasses in the Vol 7 box between the 2 DVDs...

16. Michael

did you guys open volume 7 to see if the glasses were inside? if not check again ...what's missing may only be the outside sticker.:)

17. Michael

I have 2 copies of the box, plus the single vol releases.:D sad.

18. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

Yeah, that is pretty sad...

But, recognizing that you have a problem is the first step in recovery.

19. Michael

I know...but, you should have seen me years ago! I consider myself cured!:laugh: at the price of recent BB sale price of $22.99 I just had to get it...I had to get it last year when Amazon had it for $34.99 and I had to have all the original volumes previously!...OK, I'm still sick!:laugh:

20. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

If you're asking me that, I thought I made it clear that I did open them. Box had non-3d version, no glasses. Separate volume had the 3d version, glasses and the sticker on the front touting 3d, and text on the back specifically referring to it.

Michael likes this.
  21. Michael

just general question asked...
    OK I looked in my Amazon complete box from last year...all the dvds sets are still sealed...no sticker on the outside of vol 7, but I can see the 3d glasses between the 2 slim DVD cases...and text on the back specifically referring to 2d, 3d...I do not know what is in the sealed box I just got from BB? no way to tell I guess unless I open it! NOT!...

22. It appears my new complete box set is missing the 3-D glasses.

23. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

How did we not hear about this until now? No one I gave them to will complain, but still...........
    How much did they save? a nickel on the glasses? and they had to remaster the disc too!

24. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

Also just noticed the 3d case carries a 2009 issue date, and the non-3d says 2013. Also, the catalog number on the spine is the same (32919) but on the back of the slipcase the 2009 3d version has 32919SLR and the 2013 non-3d 32919SR2. Different matrix numbers on the discs too, which makes sense.

25. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Like others said....a plumbing we will go. The Curly Shuffle - let YouTube be your friend. LOVE that video. They also have a version on YT with the band doing it live. Good stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.