"To The Bone" - 5th Steven Wilson Album, 8/18

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by opiumden, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Hmm...not sure the issue they had has been mended - hopefully time mended that.

Just me talking freely without a lot of pre-thought, but maybe he ought to take the KC "ProjeKcts" approach - work with his old band members in different contexts without the "pressure" of it being a PT reunion....and maybe this past weeks step with R Barbieri is a first step in doing that.

2. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

What was the issue Maitland and Wilson had?

3. sheffandy

sheffandy Forum Resident

The Saturday night show in Manchester was amazing. My wife thoroughly enjoyed it. Stunning visuals, great venue and the band were in top form. Mesmerised by Craig Blundell’s drumming skills!!!

LivingForever likes this.
  4. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

It's very much mended, and has been since Maitland's time with Blackfield (which happened years after whatever went down as he left PT).

5. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident Thread Starter

For those who attended the RAH shows I have a question: did the 3rd show (the one that was filmed) featured Ninet on main vocals on Ancestral?

6. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

Was she one of the 'dragged there' partners that SW spoke of? ;)

7. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

The gender of the pronoun is pretty much all the evidence you need ...

richard a and gary191265 like this.
  8. gary191265

My wife went willingly, and of her own accord; in fact it was her Easter present after she gifted her ticket to the first date of the tour to a friend of ours. She did get to see the last date though, which had a somewhat more interesting set list (SW's voice seemed on the verge of collapse at times though...then he would drag it back when he seemingly had nothing left).

9. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

I tell myself something similar after we get back from any of the many concerts that I find & book ... ;)

10. gary191265

Oh, I've dragged her to a few stinkers, especially when I've had a photography pass and a +1 :)

Sordel likes this.
  11. sheffandy

sheffandy Forum Resident

Yes she was quite reluctant but is now a new member of the SW fanclub :cool:

gary191265 likes this.
  12. gary191265

Bizarrely, given how much of my music my wife doesn't have any time for at all, she's loved Porcupine Tree/SW for as long as we've been together, which is over 20 years now. Pretty much the only other bands/artists we agree on are Counting Crows, LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip, Jeff Buckley and Erykah Badu.

sheffandy likes this.
  13. Sadcafe

Sadcafe In the kingdom of the deaf, one eared man is King

Steven Wilson just announced a release for RSD featuring music that didnt make in onto To The Bone.

George Co-Stanza and sheffandy like this.
  14. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Hopefully, it includes A Door Marked Summer, Nothern Cyclonic and Ask Me Nicely.

Rufus rag likes this.
  15. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

It was actually announced about a month ago, and contains "How Big the Space" and a version of "People Who Eat Darkness" sung by Ninet.

16. uffeolby

uffeolby Senior Member

I am still hoping for a 5 1/2 release on Blu-ray. To not include A Door Marked Summer on such release would be a crime... Would not mind neither Nothern Cyclonic nor Ask Me Nicely on there as well :cool:

AlanDistro likes this.
  17. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ There isn't really much precedent to include the super deluxe edition bonus material as part of a subsequent release. One of the bonus tracks from Insurgentes, a song called Untitled, revealed as The 78 on the b-side of Harmony Korine. From there, I don't believe anything has shown up elsewhere.

Given the lack of precedent and to maintain the exclusivity of the deluxe editions, I don't believe your hopes will come to fruition.

18. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

He had them up on his SoundCloud as WAV downloads for a bit. Since then, yeah, exclusive to the Insurgentes 2xCD things.

19. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Glad the Americas To The Bone tour starts next. I bought tickets which seems like forever ago.

20. bunkaroo

bunkaroo Forum Resident

Same here - I think they were on sale in October?

21. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Hey bunkaroo. I know I bought at least 1 ticket last September. Going to the Philly and 1 NYC show. I take it you are going to a Chicago show?
    Last I knew Ninet is also supposed to be performing in the flesh on a number of these shows. :righton:

bunkaroo likes this.
  22. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Still bummed that the only shows I could have traveled to for this tour are during the week, and it's just not doable right now to take off multiple days during the work week for a concert. The weekend would be easy, but not during the week. :(

23. bunkaroo

bunkaroo Forum Resident

Yeah Chicago show. Can't wait to see this show!

rontoon likes this.
  24. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

How is Steven resisting the urge to play "A Door Marked Summer" live? That is just screeming to be unleashed...

25. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

He probably started strumming it and realized it sounds so much like Drown With Me!

All kidding aside, I definitely enjoyed A Door Marked Summer as a bonus track, but I think he was correct in leaving it off the main release. Can't wait for the show next week.

Oh and if anyone has an extra pair of tickets to the first night in NYC, please let me know! I'd love to be able to take my fiance to a SW show and her job as a teacher makes it tough for her to catch weeknight shows.

seasonsinthesky likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.