Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 2017 "40 Anniversary" Tour Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by McCool, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Fame

Duke Fame Sold out the Enormodome

Have tickets for the show in Tampa. Looking forward to it. Will be my first time seeing him in concert.

Bruce and Tony-A like this.
  2. McCool

McCool Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sirius XM's "Tom Petty Radio" will be doing a remote broadcast live from opening night in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma this Thursday at 6 pm EST. While the concert itself is currently not slated to be broadcast, there WILL be an on location pre-show similar to what "E Street Radio" has done at Bruce Springsteen concerts in the past. Should be a great deal of fun so if you have SiriusXM, remember to tune in on Thursday night.

500Homeruns and budwhite like this.
  3. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I like it. I took a road trip up to Portland once and the album was constantly playing.

4. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way?

[email protected] and joelee like this.
  5. Tony-A

Tony-A Forum Resident

Will be at the Tampa show with my lovely wife. looking forward for May 6. :edthumbs:

Peace,
    Tony

Duke Fame likes this.
  6. mikem60

mikem60 Forum Resident

Is it just me ??

Or is he Boring in Concert

Last 2 times I've seen him anyway

7. loudinny

loudinny Forum Resident

Really ... it's gotta be you. Never found a TPHB show boring even after seeing him many times over the years...

8. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

He may not be physically active like Springsteen but, that band really is tight and rocks!

budwhite and 500Homeruns like this.
  9. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

I agree. Seen him twice, they phoned it in.

10. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Damn, I'd love to see them at Red Rocks. Here's hoping' for a lottery win!

budwhite likes this.
  11. McCool

Looks like Petty may have some special guests on stage with him in OKC tonight...more 2 come!

12. McCool

13. You guys get this today?

Here's what I got, in case you missed it.

"Wildflowers will be reissued at a later date." Pretty tantalizing statement- is this a reference to the unreleased material?!?!?

[​IMG]
    HOME | NEWS | TOUR | STORE
    [​IMG]
    Tom and The Heartbreakers are just hours away from the opening night of their 40th Anniversary Tour at Chesapeake Arena in Oklahoma City!
    SiriusXM's Tom Petty Radio is doing a LIVE Pre-Show Broadcast TODAY leading up to the show from the venue in Oklahoma City. It starts at 6pm ET / 3pm PT (5pm OKC time) and lasts until about 10pm ET / 7pm PT (9pm OKC time).
    Hosting the broadcast will be Tom Petty Radio DJ David Fricke and SiriusXM's Meg Griffin. They'll have interview clips from the band talking about preparing for the tour, talk live with Tom Petty fans attending the show and lots of live Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers music to set the tone for the evening.
    As the tour continues, follow along with recaps and photos from every show, posted on TomPetty.com/Tour.
    And make sure to follow the official social media accounts for updates from the road and the continuation of our #TPHB40 series! We are posting something every day from the band's archives and vaults as we celebrate the 40th Anniversary!

In other news, six individual albums from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' Warner Bros Records catalog are now available again as stand-alone vinyl titles. She's The One, Echo, The Last DJ and Highway Companion have been re-mastered from the original tapes for this release while Mojo and Hypnotic Eye have been re-pressed from the original masters.

BUY ALBUMS
    The classic Warner Bros Records album Wildflowers will be reissued at a later date and individual titles from the band's Universal Music catalog will be released this summer!
    That's it for now! Thanks to you as always...
    The Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Team

14. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Great news

15. blueslover99

blueslover99 Forum Resident

Like many acts, they have slowed down with age. I find the shows enjoyable, but for me, since losing Stan Lynch in the 90s the band has stagnated live. I have seen them several times since then and enjoyed it, but it isn't a show that I would say is essential to see.

Christopher B and davers like this.
  16. hutchenstance

hutchenstance Well-Known Member

wow.. I saw them in 2006 , 2007 or 8 and last year with Mudcrutch.. all excellent....

I don't think Petty knows how to phone it in...honestly.

17. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Saw him in 2008/2010 and was a kinda underwhelmed. Not sure they really challenged themselves or broke a sweat onstage.

18. McCool

19. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

I saw the set list and thought it was one of the better ones I've seen in years from them. Not entirely a greatest hits set which is what I got in 2014.

budwhite likes this.
  20. McCool

[​IMG]
    The new backing vocalists on the 2017 "40th Anniversary" tour have been identified as Charley and Hattie Webb collectively known as "The Webb Sisters". According to wiki, they are mainly known for their work with Leonard Cohen but have also recorded material of their own. Their website can be found at www.thewebbsisters.com

All the best ladies!

21. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Petty is worth seeing live just to watch the faces that Scott Thurston makes.....the Webb Sisters!
    Wow!! They are terrific.

MoosicLuvr likes this.
  22. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

8 days left till Houston...I can barely contain my energy.

"I ain't got nothin' but anxious...8 days this week..."

BluesOvertookMe and budwhite like this.
  23. acheesehead

acheesehead Forum Resident

Will be in Nashville next Tuesday night to see him. Can't wait.

24. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

Dallas tomorrow night for me. Excited to see Joe Walsh's opening set since I've only seen him previously with the Eagles.

25. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

I'm seeing him in Memphis on May 8...will be my first Petty show. Same for me on Joe Walsh.

budwhite likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.