Transfiguration cartridges - any fans here?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by harmonica98, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member Thread Starter

I recently purchased a lightly used Transfiguration Spirit III to replace my previous Ortofon Kontrapunkt A. The latter was not a bad cart - far from it - but it was just a bit too polite for me and wasn't the greatest tracker.

Setting the Spirit up was a bit of a pain due to the short cantilever and it is very sensitive to VTA. Now setup though, it's delivering in spades. It doesn't seem to emphasise any part of the audio spectrum, just is supremely musical. That might mean it won't wow in a demo, but bodes well for long term listening. It does a great job of rejecting surface noise and I'm getting zero IGD. Overall, very happy and I think this cart is a keeper for me.

Any other users here? I can only imagine how good the carts higher up the line are.

EDIT - forgot to add that a very precise soundstage is another plus.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  2. AmericanHIFI

AmericanHIFI Long live analog (and current digital).

Yes, I've used a Supreme many years back. A very neutral and dynamic sounding transducer that tracked week, no problems. I've ultimately gravitated towards LYRA since service and representation was better in US then. They're worth hanging on to and having them rebuilt by Soundsmith (NY) when needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.