Trustworthy tube testing service?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by misterclean, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have a handful of somewhat valuable tubes that I'd like to have tested prior to me selling them on ebay. Can anyone recommend a reliable service that they've used in the past? I'm a bit concerned about sending my tubes off to someone that I've never met before. I was thinking about maybe going with this guy, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of feedback as far as his tube testing services are concerned-

MAXIPREAMP DIGITAL TUBE TEST SERVICE for 12AX7, 12AT7, 6SN7, 6CG7, 12AU7 + MORE ยป

2. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

I would look for someone local and avoid shipping the tubes in the mail.

3. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

I'd like to have a handful of tubes tested as well, but I have no idea where to take them. I'm north of Boston. The one place I do know, I'd never take them to because it would probably take them 6 months.

4. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

Maybe a ham radio meet.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  5. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

I'm guessing @misterclean already has his solution as this is an old threat. But if not, or for anyone needing to find out I can vouch for TC Tubes in St. Paul as being very good, thorough, friendly and cheap ($3 per preamp tube). So glad I found them as I did not want to spring for a tube tester. Nice selection of used tube as well. Check them out: tctubes.com vintage vacuum tubes

Gumboo and John Moschella like this.
  6. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

Thanks, this could be useful to me.

dirtymac and Vinyl Addict like this.
  7. dolsey01

dolsey01 Forum Resident

I also used TCTubes because Tyler has a Amplitrex tester and I wanted as accurate results as I could get.

Gumboo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.