Turntable/Cart Pairing with Heresy Speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Soundgarden, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decontrol2

decontrol2 Well-Known Member

I wondering if something happened to the stylus on accident? It's a bit different but I had a 2m blue on pro-ject debut carbon esprit running through and unrestored marantz 2270 and klipsch klf 30 speakers and it sounded amazing to me. Very smooth, clean and punchy.

2. McLover

McLover Senior Member

50 watts/channel and under sound much better with Heresies, pre 1971 SS or tube. Not as heavily damped or overdesigned as later circuitry. Get a mellower sounding, less brash cartridge for your system. That Ortofon 2M Red is too forward and bright, the Heresies tell it like it is sonically. Try a less bright cartridge, I think that is your real issue.

3. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

I have a Rega RP3 with a Exact cartridge, Marantz 2265b and Klipsch Quartet the sound is amazing. Do you have all the settings on the 2265 set in the middle? Have you tried adjusting them at all? Dose it sound the same on both phono 1 & 2? It took a little bit for my Exact to break in when I first got it.

4. Soundgarden

Soundgarden Forum Resident Thread Starter

Looking into this. Would Bob Crites be the guy? I don't think I need this, but since I'm being thorough - and the speakers are nearly four decades old - it's at least worth exploring.

5. geoffr

geoffr Lifeguard in a carwash

I sent my xovers to Mr. Crites for a refurb - they were returned in a very surprisingly short time period. It really was a worthy investment for my Heresys. Highly recommended.

6. Ken Clark

Ken Clark Forum Resident

When I had my Cornwalls I replaced the old crossovers and woofers with Crites models. Very easy job and the improvement was tremendous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.