Turntable Purchase Help 1000-2000 price range

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Matthew Chavez, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Correct. What's wrong with that?

2. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Well since you have the cartridge give it a try. I'm sure the AT is a better cartridge in the long run.

3. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Not trying to be rude, but you are a lot nicer than me. My wife wouldn't even be allowed to have an opinion on my hobby, never mind a girlfriend.

That would be like me picking out my wife's handbag.

displayname, Spsesq, Benzion and 2 others like this.
  4. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

A girlfriend that loves the 1200 is a keeper. Good choice.

5. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Well, in other words most of us have something good to contribute depending on the subject, whether it's simply whether an album is good or sounds decent, or technical oriented. Your humble response is why this is a very valuable resource for those of us that care about good music.

6. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I do want to emphasize, as the reviews for the 33 are very good, that it could simply be a mismatch on my system, and that I have not broken it in though I don't know that simply breaking it in will really dissipate the over brightness issue to a significant degree. I do know that on my personal system, but MLX is significantly better which is why I posted the question. I don't know that it's "supposed" to be!

7. Jack Flannery

Jack Flannery Forum Resident

8. paulewalnutz

paulewalnutz Forum Resident

Did you get the 1200 yet?

9. She better look like Gal Gadot ( Wonder Woman) to make a decision for me on a turntable. :tiphat:

10. H8SLKC

H8SLKC Forum Resident

I love the keyboard commandos who insist that their girlfriends/wives would have NOTHING to say about their purchases. Yeah, right! Hahahaha. Oh, and if you're getting your way with the turntable she is getting her way with things FAR more important.

11. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

You would need your wife's approval on what the style of your new turntable looks like?
    If she was also into the hobby, then I can see that. (my wife is, but still doesn't care what turntable we use, she misses the auto turntable we had)

12. H8SLKC

H8SLKC Forum Resident

If it's going to sit in plain view in the den/living room where we spend much of our time and watch TV and movies, hell yes she gets a say. Would you like it if your wife wanted to prominently display some thing related to a hobby of hers where you'd have to look at it a lot, every day, for years to come and you had no say? It's part of the reason I paid extra for a wood plinth on my U-Turn and also part of the reason I won't own an old "vintage" monstrosity any time soon, nor a space-ship-style mantable. She wouldn't care in the office or in the basement.

BayouTiger likes this.
  13. Benzion

Benzion "Cogito, ergo sum" Forum Resident

I was the one who started it. So, in my defense I will say this: I do get things done my way, and no woman has a say in it. Perhaps that is why I'm divorced, twice. And now I choose to stay single, so I keep getting things done my way. So - I'm not a keyboard commando, I put my money where my mouth is.

14. Spsesq

Spsesq Forum Resident

I just got the 2017 Prime Scout (oh and the wife liked the design and she ok'd the purchase... when they ok the purchase there is no "harmonic distortion" in their voices to drown out the sweet music!!)

H8SLKC likes this.
  15. Cyclone Ranger

Cyclone Ranger New old stock

^ This. ;)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  16. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

I like that my wife has an opinion on the TT. It's the only piece that lives out the cabinet and her input also helps steer me away from a snap decision to get something that is impossible to keep clean or intact from the pups. But mostly it gives her a stake in the game and she allows me to do anything I want for the hidden gear. Thus the Perspex is in the den oak she thinks it's cool. Helps that it also sounds great and has great ergo. If she likes the 1200 I would grab it and start spinning. I love my 1200 and it will be in my house long after the more exotic decks have come and gone with my whims.

tiller likes this.
  17. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

I highly recommend the Oracle Origine. Bought mine about 4 months ago and it was one of the best purchases I've made. Unbelievable performance and value for money.
    Check it out before you make your final decision.
    (I've mentioned it in a few threads.)

18. Prism

Prism Damn Dirty Ape!

I sympathize with the OP. My system is the living room. Although I can get what I choose, I take into consideration what my wife likes since every visitor can see the system. This has resulted in the some system compromises, but no divorce. I'd take a Technics and my wife over a VPI any day. Seriously, some people on this forum are strange.

BayouTiger and tiller like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.