Turntables

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by SteveSDCA, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi,

Maybe Scott has a $35k TT which makes any $2k TT seem like a hummer. ;) I think most of us are wise enough to realize there is an audible difference between a $35k TT and a budget TT and maybe Scott is experiencing one of the differences. I look forward to the day when Scott "upgrades" and sells his current unit for $5k on this site. I just hope I beat Ben to it!

I also have a P25 that is paired w/ a Clearaudio Aurum Beta S and has Aurios under her. For the $, I think it is a very nice unit!!

Happy Listening,
    Jeffrey

2. Robb

Robb Forum Resident

Hey Gary,

The one I have is a Target VW1. Target stopped making it a couple of years ago, but I think some of the people from Target have now moved on and are producing them again. You can buy it at the Audio Advisor website. I just looked over there, and it says that they are backordered.

I'm ultimately not 100% sure if they are being produced again due to the backorder status, but maybe Audio Advisor (or some other distributor) knows the latest.

The Target was a large jump up in sound quality, and the installation was easier than I expected. Bolting is set 16 inches apart, perfect for drilling into studs. Right now I am living in an older apartment with plaster walls, and the Target has been just as effective.

3. akshobhyavajra

akshobhyavajra New Member

Yeah, I looked at the Forsell Air reference with flywheel, the Goldmund reference w/ "grasshopper IVGLA" naked, the cute Klangstraum DL2 w/ SME 309 and Benz-micro L2 and last but not least the unpretentious Immedia Revolution w/Immedia RPM tonearm & Lyra Parnassus cartridge... but I was bored with it all and decided on the daring and rough Technics 1200 - just to be different :D

Vive la difference!;)

~Michael~

4. akshobhyavajra

akshobhyavajra New Member

A buddy of mine gave me one of his Stanton Groovemasters (gold-plated version) to test on my 1200. I was surprised that it sounded as good as it did (on a home system) and would probably be a decent choice if you're listening to rock and metal (lots of lf and hf reponse), but in the end I prefer my humble old Audio Technica LM100E and the Shure M94E that's on the SA 600 right now... at least for Jazz. The midrange just hits the spot and the carts are more laid back....

Anyway - it gave me a chance to hear what some of the DJ carts sound like and how they differ in sonic signature from their HiFi brethren... definitely dynamic carts.

5. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

BTW, we do now carry every Shure product there is available.

6. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

Maybe I better clarify a few things.

1. I was refering to mechanical feedback not elecrical. I should have been more clear.

2. The Regas that I didn't like so much were the 2 and the 3. For my taste I would go in a different direction at those price points. I have not heard the P25. Again my bad for not being specific.

3 I suspect my next upgrade will be something other than a TT. Sorry again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.