Twilight Time Entertainment's Sept./Oct. 2014 blu-ray titles announced...plus one more for Aug.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lukejosephchung, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

and far above that-never kill a child....IMO.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I would have dumped them for re-releasing a limited number BR...IMO, the only reason they repressed this title was due to the fact that the sharks were making too much money....TT-they are liars...how many other LIMITED to 3,000 copies will be repressed? what they should have done from the beginning is ONE COPY per person.

3. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Forum Resident Thread Starter

"Christine" was released in their 1st year of business, Michael...they didn't KNOW the demand for it was going to be so strong or that it would sell out so quickly, which is WHY it was limited to 3,000...be grateful they're making it available again at a reasonable price.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

5. Myke

More :

" Here's an update from TT's FB page regarding Noon Wine:

"NOON WINE is the unquestioned highlight of this release -- its first appearance anywhere in the home video realm -- broadcast only once on U.S. Television in 1967 -- rarely seen except on b &w kinescopes at occasional private showings over the last 45 years, and presented here in color (!) from a 2nd generation master (1" tape dub) that wasn't discovered until a couple of years ago and shown only once at a special screening at UCLA in 2013. (The original master -- a 2" tape -- was destroyed by ABC in the 1970s.)"

apileocole likes this.
  6. Myke

Any Twilight Time fans want a 10% off code ? wish072914

And I posted this here, instead of the coupon section to avoid the usual negativity.

Most likely if you're in this thread, you're interested in TT Blu rays.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  7. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I know Twilight Time regularly get reamed for their cover art, but this is particularly poor, IMO:

[​IMG]
    Are they trying to fool people into thinking this is a Dirty Harry flick?

8. Myke

Pre Orders are up NOW

9. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Pulled the trigger on The Killer Elite.

Myke likes this.
  10. I've bought a couple of Twilight Time blu-rays but am still not thrilled with their business model.
    Unless something really special comes up, I'll wait for their deal to expire and then hope that the original studio, after seeing TT's sales, decides to do a proper release.

Karnak likes this.
  11. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Forum Resident Thread Starter

October release pre-orders will be accepted at www.screenarchives.com on September 24th, beginning at 4pm Eastern time...have your credit cards at the ready..."The Blob"(1988), which will be an expanded 5,000-pressing run, is expected to sell out QUICKLY and is limited to 3 per order!!! :winkgrin:

12. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Their business model, and fans/collectors’ reaction to them, is quite interesting. They get a fair amount of backlash. Obviously, logic would dictate that they know what they’re doing. They know that in order to make money they have to do these short runs. These titles don’t sell immensely, with a few exceptions. Looking at their release history since 2011, far more titles *don’t* sell out (even at only 3,000 units) than do sell out. For every person who didn’t get “Christine” and think the company should press more of everything, there is another person pointing out they can’t even sell 3,000 copies after two years of some relatively well-known titles.

However, I was recently thinking about this, and I wonder why they sell exclusively through one website. Surely if they offered their discs on Amazon, they could move at least a few hundred if not into the thousands (at least one or two) of some titles after a year or two if they appeared on Amazon. Can they just not afford to sell to Amazon wholesale and still make money?

13. Myke

As we approach tomorrow's street date of THE BLOB (1988) on blu-ray, there are fewer than 600 copies remaining of the 5,000 run. These are limited to 1 per person at SAE, and will stay that way until sell-out -- thanks for all your support on the title...https://www.facebook.com/twilighttim...62236830461651

lukejosephchung likes this.
  14. I did like how they limited orders to one copy once they fell below a certain number of copies remaining. The Blob would have sold out almost immediately if not for the order limits.

15. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident

Like in Big Jake?

16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The only movie I can think of that broke the "don't kill the dog" rule and succeeded was Old Yeller, but it was at the very end of the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.