UK release date for Stones SACD hybrids?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kipper15, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone know when it is? The US look like getting theirs on 27th August.

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Dunno. Tower UK has them down as imports from the US.

Mud-

3. kipper15

Re: Re: UK release date for Stones SACD hybrids?

Well, surely they MUST be coming as UK releases too? Amazon.co.uk has them listed as US imports, most other sites and no retailers I ask have any dates. I'm hoping that the UK versions are going to appear soon - surely they're not going to expect us Brits to pay the extra $ for imports to get this stuff? Maybe they'll get them out in the US first, with UK, Europe and ROW to follow later...:sigh:

4. As I mentioned in my two other threads on the possible Canadian release date for the Stones, Universal Canada says part of the issue for the delay here (and possibly in the UK too), is the heavy demand that ABKCO has to deal with first. ABKCO told Universal in Toronto that all U.S. orders are to be filled first. The SACD manufacturers are working OT right now.

5. kipper15

Well, still can find no UK release date for these discs. None of the on-line retailers have them listed, I've spoken to HMV and Virgin Megastore, as well as a couple of local independent dealers - none of them has the first idea when they're coming. I suppose I'll just have to be more patient :D

I don't want to import them from the US as my good ol' friends at Her Majesty's Customs & Excise will send me a nice little bill before I can get my hands on 'em :sigh:

6. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Boy, I remember having to apply my entire paycheck from McDonald's to send to England in order to get each new Beatles or Stones LP will all of the tracks, rather than the truncated versions available here. What irony that you "across the pond" are left, er...high and dry with the Stones stuff!
    Ah, sweet revenge!!!!

7. kipper15

"High and dry" isn't the term I'd use Bill - the one I'd use wouldn't be suitable for publishing on this board :D

8. kipper15

It seems we're not getting the Stones discs until late October on this side of the pond...why on earth have ABKCO released them in the US 2 months earlier than here? :realmad:

NONE of the major stores here (HMV, Tower, Virgin) are importing the US discs. Maybe they are worried it will affect sales of the UK product, when it eventually arrives.

If any UK-based forum members are interested I have discovered that Key Mail Order are selling the US discs for £14.99 (single), £24.99 (double) and £34.99 for the singles box - see link below.

http://www.keymailorder.com/cgi-bin/keymail.pl?special=stones0802.htm

9. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

Dang - I hate it when people get their own back on us - guess I'll just have to pop to the thrifty shop and pick up another dozen black and gold parlophones to make up for it.

Thanks for the heads up Kipper 15 :)

All the best - Andrew

10. kipper15

:D :righton:

11. mandrake

mandrake New Member

Thanks, kipper15, this is the cheapest price I've seen for the Stones SACD imports.

12. Marc Pool

Marc Pool New Member

CD universe sells them for around $13,-. I ordered Hot Rocks for $25,19. Including shipping that comes to 32,18 for me. Hopefully I will get the disc some time this week it has already shipped.
    I had no luck finding a webstore in Europe that can compete with these prices. A German site sells the single discs for 22 Euro's and the double albums for the unbelievable amount of 44 Euro's, not including shipping!! With the current exchange rate being about 1:1

13. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member

I'm wondering if the overseas...outside the USA...releases will be different, somehow. Anyone know ?

I've "heard" there is a mid-November release date for Japan Mini-LPs...anyone know the details ?

It will be interesting if these are straight reissues, or SACD hybrids.

14. kipper15

As far as I know the UK discs will be SACD hybrids - same as the US - but I do not know for sure if they will be the same style of packaging as the US versions. Can't comment on the Japanese versions as I'm not aware of any details.

Judging by some of the comments from forum members in the US relating to the apparently flimsy packaging, I'm hoping we on this side of the pond get jewel cases from day one ;)

15. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

Remember all those taxes "you guys" imposed on tea? ;)

16. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Hey, that works.

That's why we Aussies sent Kylie to the Mother Country. :) Wait a second, maybe that was payback for the Bodyline Series.

Regards,
    Geoff

17. Tomek

Tomek Senior Member

Hey Europeans try this to get Stones' SACDs

If you want to get the Stones SACDs the cheapest way in case you live in Europe (or just outside the USA), try this:
    www.deepdiscountcd.com
    The price is 12.97 U$D. You pay additional 14.95 for international shipping (no matter how many CDs you order).

In case you know the cheaper way to have them sent to Europe, please let Us know.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.