Upcoming John Lennon Imagine release out 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mikecarrera, Jun 3, 2018.

1. teag

teag Forum Resident

Thank you!

Preordered and it states the same thing - no VTA and 54.57 pounds which today looks to be $70.45. And this includes shipping.

Hate to admit this but I don't even have a Blu Ray player - not into playing discs for movies. However, that will now change.......will have to look into a low price Blu Ray player. But this deal is worth it to me just for the CDs and the book.

Oyster Boy likes this.
  2. Sis+erRay

Sis+erRay Forum Resident

What's that? I only know 5.1 and 4.0 (quadraphonic)

UPDATE: Ahh it'll have both the old 4.0 and a new 5.1 mix. "[...] to enveloping 5.1 surround sound mixes, and a Quadrasonic Album Mix, presenting the original four speaker mix remastered in Quadrasonic sound for the first time in nearly fifty years"

3. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Wasn't it said already that there will be a transparent vinyl version of this?

TimeandTempo, oboogie and mikecarrera like this.
  4. jibbers

jibbers Forum Resident

Mike - as someone in the know, do you have any sense of whether this is a mis-price or simply a sensibly priced product?

OobuJoobu and Oyster Boy like this.
  5. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

I had to pre-order at this price. Hopefully they follow through with it

6. They are CHEAP now: https://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDPS370...qid=1534961659&sr=1-4&keywords=blu+ray+player

Critter and teag like this.
  7. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

He said it was listed higher .

8. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident Thread Starter

I think you just need to pre-order now, just in case. I'm seeing the price really LOW, but who knows, as I've said, maybe the prices were adjusted somehow to compete with other artists releasing new products around the same time, we will find out tomorrow when all stores have the prices listed.

9. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

Yeah order now and cancel if a better deal is found as they take no payment until they ship item

mikecarrera likes this.
  10. MySweetFork

MySweetFork Pete Best

Which HDYS version has the one with John singing "How do you sleep ya C**T" that's the one I'm looking forward to the most

11. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

There is not as many outtakes of the track “Imagine” as I thought there would be. I see a demo listed (i assume that’s from the 1988 soundtrack formally called the rehearsal ) take 1 which is on the lennon box set and take 10 (isn’t that the master take in rough mix)

12. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

You are correct... straight from Mike in post #1644 "Limited Edition Clear Vinyl.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  13. ^ This. Not sure what folks don't understand. Always happens in these threads and later the price shoots up and people are missed that they missed the low price. You snooze you lose. And unlike other places, Amazon charges you when it ships so cancelling a few days before release date is easy if need be.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  14. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Was wondering will this scene be cut when they show it in the cinema? Hope not, makes the doc what it is.

Anyone know what take this is ?

Yorick likes this.
  15. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

I personally hate this version as I hate that word and hearing John say it just makes me cringe but I guess that shows the venomous nature he sometimes could have

Sean Murdock likes this.
  16. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

We price everything with tax so if you go shopping what you see is what you pay. If you are American you don't pay the VAT so what you see will be 20% cheaper

jlf and TimeandTempo like this.
  17. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Sat here right now listening to my blu ray player cranking out 461 Ocean Boulevard in glorious surround

jlf and LennonCobain like this.
  18. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

When will this set post on US Amazon anyone know.

19. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

tomorrow

DmitriKaramazov, vince and tinnox like this.
  20. lennonology

lennonology Formerly pas10003

The take in question is Take 4. It appears in its entirety on Vigtone's Imagine...All The Outtakes (Disc 3, Track 5) but was heavily edited when included in the Gimme Some Truth film.

Chip Madinger
    EIGHT ARMS TO HOLD YOU | remastered
    LENNONOLOGY | Volume One - Strange Days Indeed
    www.lennonology.com

21. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

They’re not showing the doc in the cinema. They’re showing John & Yoko's “Imagine” film from 1971/2?, which is basically a long form music video. You’re thinking of “Imagine:John Lennon” which is the 1988 documentary about John’s life.

Carl80 likes this.
  22. applejam101

applejam101 Humble Fan

For the Evolution disk, I suppose we won't get the full demos; since many demos did not appear (from the Imagine session) on the Lost Lennon Tapes, will full demos be on the Blu-ray?

23. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

never said NOBODY did it.. my point was pretty obvious.

if they only sold this as a blu-ray with no vinyl or CDs, you'll sell about 5 copies.

Sean Murdock and marmalade166 like this.
  24. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Ah right, thanks for confirming, I just thought it was the doc being shown.

What’s being brought out on Blu Ray then? Getting abit confused as there’s two many configurations of everything.

25. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

Can anyone recommend a good desktop Blu ray player to buy?