Upcoming John Lennon Imagine release out 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mikecarrera, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

It sounds like the bootlegs won’t be made redundant as lots of takes are left out as I was looking to get some and didn’t think I’d need bother with this set but I may get a few bootlegs. other than many remixes of the album (does the 1971 original mix even appear on this set? The one that was remastered 2010) it seems like it’s more for that and I’m not sure how many remixes this album needs even though I’ll still buy as a lennon fan.

2. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Very curious to see how the Evolution disc turns out.......will it be something like the Love version of Strawberry Fields Forever (without the mashup bits)? Paul Hicks worked on that as well.

3. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ok, again, unless the prices from maker to distributor changed in the past days (I doubt it), Amazon UK right now is making a profit selling it for less than 52 pounds, of FIVE pounds only, so I think is a pre-pre-sale special price to gain buyers, and maybe later today or tomorrow will appear at the right price (over 90 pounds maybe), but I could be wrong on that.

Second, as some tracks changed (I will explain it below), I'm thinking the Clear Color Limited Vinyl could also change (to White?) as this Imagine campaign changed from the moment the official announcement was pushed back from July to Mid August. Tomorrow you will found out if the colored vinyl changed or not.

Third, don't know if relevant, but it is for me, some tracks changed:

Power To The People (take 7) was Power To The People (Alternate Take)

Tittenhurst Park (Evolution) was Fly On The Table (and if you're wondering what's about, maybe 'Fly on the Wall' CD will remind you something

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  4. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

MacOS or Windows? Also, does your desktop have any USB3 and / or USB-C ports?

5. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

The stand alone DVD / Blu Ray is the 1972 ‘Imagine’ film and the ‘Gimme Some Truth’ doc, originally released on DVD in 2000.

Carl80 likes this.
  6. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

“I was told there’d be no math!”

:yikes: :nyah: :help:

GeekMonster_ and Pawnmower like this.
  7. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

macOS, and it uses USB3 (no USB-C)

8. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Do Blu Rays have region restrictions like DVDs? If I preorder from the UK, will I have issues playing the discs in the US?

9. beetlesonique

beetlesonique Forum Resident

Did a quick count of the tracks and it seems that the following tracks are the Blu-ray exclusives (not counting the 5.1 and quad-mixes)

12. Crippled Inside (take 2) (Raw Studio Mix)
    13. Crippled Inside (take 6 alt guitar solo) (Raw Studio Mix)
    18. How? (takes 7 - 10) (Raw Studio Mix)
    19. How? (take 40 alt vocal) (Raw Studio Mix)
    20. Oh Yoko! (take 1 tracking vocal) (Raw Studio Mix)

22. Crippled Inside (Elements Mix)
    24. It's So Hard (Elements Mix)
    25. I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier Mama I Don't Wanna Die (Elements Mix)
    26. Gimme Some Truth (Elements Mix)
    28. How Do You Sleep? (Elements Mix)
    30. Oh Yoko! (Elements Mix)

41. Power To The People (Evolution)
    42. Well... (Baby Please Don't Go) (Evolution)
    43. God Save Us/God Save Oz (Evolution)
    44. Do The Oz (Evolution)
    45. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) (Evolution)
    46. Tittenhurst Park (Evolution)
    47. Imagine John & Yoko - The Elliot Mintz interviews

Not sure if the 2018 Stereo Remix is on the Bluray as well. If that is the case there might be a chance that it will be offered in 24/96 like they did with the Bluray that was included in the Sgt Pepper-Box?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  10. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

They do, though I suspect the discs in the set will be region free. Don’t know for sure, though,

Generation42 and IronWaffle like this.
  11. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Keep looking, I bought it quite recently used from Amazon, was advertised as having minor wear to the box, but to be honest when it arrived I would have gladly accepted it in its condition if it had been advertised as brand new, it was flawless.

Best part of it: £20 !

andrewskyDE likes this.
  12. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

They most likely are to standardize the sets for the whole world. Would like to know for sure though

13. MySweetFork

MySweetFork Pete Best

Already a #1 Best Seller in Box Sets without having been announced yet. What?

mikecarrera likes this.
  14. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident Thread Starter

close, but missing tracks, as no total time for each track was published is hard to notice the differences, but the Blu Ray will get more unique tracks, when I post my review you will find out (unless tomorrow the official announcement came also with times for each track, but I've doubt it)

jlf and IronWaffle like this.
  15. Generation42

Generation42 Forum Resident

Add Double/Honey, to that list and I'm with you, too!

16. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

What is the elements mix? Are we going to hear each element (stem) been slowly revelled as the the song plays so starting off sparse then adding more and more of the instruments as the song progress . That’s how I’ve read that anyhow

mikecarrera likes this.
  17. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

I guess if that’s what they are doing it’s another interesting idea and something new

mikecarrera likes this.
  18. MaestroDavros

MaestroDavros Forum Resident

As it has been described I think it's more like the LOVE version of "Strawberry Fields Forever", where it slowly morphs from demo to early takes to the final master.

mikecarrera likes this.
  19. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Are the outtakes from the JL Anthology box set included in this new box set? The outtakes on the old JL Anthology set do not list take numbers, except for "Imagine" take 1 --- which is duplicated.

Adamjames likes this.
  20. beetlesonique

beetlesonique Forum Resident

Thanks, looking forward to your review. Can you share already if the 2018 Stereo Remix will be offererd on the BluRay in 24/96?

21. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

I thought they was called the “evolution mixes” from demo to master!

MaestroDavros likes this.
  22. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

All discs in these sorts of releases are region-free.

Generation42 and Pretty.Odd. like this.
  23. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

It’s a shame we are getting imagine take 1 again when they must have many others that are not heard before I did hope this was everything but I’ll still need the bootlegs if I want it all

24. MaestroDavros

MaestroDavros Forum Resident

:doh: My mistake for misreading.

25. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Can anyone say what “elements mix” and “evolution” are about? I’m assuming elements is just the music without vocal?

I’m trying to decide if I actually need the whole set.