Upgrading my Ortofon 2M Blue to Bronze...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MK-421, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MK-421

MK-421 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I was thinking of upgrading my Ortofon 2M Blue to a 2M Bronze. I've used the Blue (on a 1200) for a few years now and have really enjoyed it but I've upgraded some of my equipment (SX-1250 and JBL 120ti) and was thinking of getting the Bronze. Is there a cart out there in the same price point ($420) that is a better choice? I know it's probably subjective but your opinions would be much appreciated.

2. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

Good question! I think if I upgraded my cart it would be to one of the two you mention! depending on how much $$$ I could get away with spending! SO I'm no help ...

I currently use a HOMC Denon DL-160 which sounds great but has been discontinued. The formerly lower priced DL-110 has now surpassed the -160 in price ...???
    http://www.needledoctor.com/Online-Store/Denon-Phono-Cartridges I don't know if the -110 is still a good rec at the higher price. Seems like it about doubled in price over the last couple of years since I bought my -160.

c-eling likes this.
  3. The Good Guy

The Good Guy Forum Resident

I own a 2MBlue but I keep hearing reports about the 2M Bronze may bring out more surface noise because of the extra detail. Me personally I am sticking with the 2MBlue.

4. Threshold

Threshold Well-Known Member

Also check out the new Blue Quintet MC cart. Runs about 480 more than the MM Bronze. Very quiet cart.

5. Threshold

Threshold Well-Known Member

Whoops I meant $80 more than the Bronze.

Heckto35 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.