Velvet Underground 45th anniversary vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by andres lira, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident Thread Starter

There are a lot of posts about the CD boxsets of the four VU records but i will like to know if the vinyl reissues are worth it, considering that they are easy to get. I don't mind if they aren't as good as a first pressing that i won't be able to afford anyway. Some questions about them:

VU and Nico: It has a peelable banana!! How is it the SQ? There are a lot of recent reissues of this record to choose from, is this the best?

WLWH: this is a double with extra tracks which is very tempting. Is it a mono or stereo? From what i've read the mono is the way to go with this one.

VU 3rd record: Is this the Valentin mix or the Closet mix?

Loaded: There's an european release from this year but still no 45th anniversary version. Will there be one?

2. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

The VU third album is the Valentin mix. I was not overly impressed by this release. It's okay but nothing spectacular.

andres lira likes this.
  3. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

andres lira likes this.
  4. andres lira

What's a good alternative for this album? From Discogs i see theres a 2005 MGM reissue that is label as the Closet mix but its the Valnetin mix in reality. There is also a 4MWB from 2008 but i will asume that is rubbish.

5. andres lira

6. schelti

schelti Forum Resident

About VU & Nico, I really like the 45th Anniversary pressing.
    WLWH is stereo. For the mono pressing you can get the Sundazed boxset.

Enjoy!

7. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

No :( but for my purchases I got for the banana sleeve the 2008 Back to Black stereo which is superb , has a peelable banana and the original torso rear cover and also the 180g mono , WLWH I have a US original stereo which wasnt hard to find and inexpensive, same for the self titled one (stereo wasnt hard to find and inexpensive) and a 1970 blue cotillion label Loaded which was also inexpensive.

From what I can remember the mono WLWH is a fold on side 2 (?) and therefore a stereo one of them is the one to get anyway

8. andres lira

It would have been great if they did a double with the original on one disc and the "lost album" from disc 4 of the boxset on the other

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.