Venture Electronics VE MONK Plus earbud earphone

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Joseph.McClure, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident Thread Starter

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    dee likes this.
  2. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

Yep, I bought two pair, one for me and one for my wife. They sound better than iPhone earbuds, but I rarely use them because I have better portable options. Still, they do sound fine in a pinch. The best part is the soundstage, very open.

Joseph.McClure likes this.
  3. murphythecat

murphythecat https://www.last.fm/user/murphythecat

I have those. they are very reliable. havent break and its been over 8 months.
    sounds better then both Version of ipod earbud. sounds better then my moms 70$ sennheiser.
    sounds almost as good as ostry kc06.
    reminds me of of 80$ yuin pk1 qulaity, for 5$!!!!!!!!!

Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) »

dee likes this.
  4. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident Thread Starter

They do sound amazing for the price - can't believe they aren't more well known. It's crazy.

5. murphythecat

theres a huge head fi thread about VE monk but stevehoffman is not exactly a place for headphones

they are indeed very good and the price is ridiculous. they beat me E100 20$ ear bud I had previously that was a giant killer price wise. the VE monk are just ridiculous for the money.

they sounds as good as 50$ ear bud. order as much as you can to save shipping and give to family and friends. what Im really happy is how solid and reliable they are. my E100 died on me within 4 months, my ostry kc06 within 8 months. I have the Monks since at 6 month and still going strong!

dee and Joseph.McClure like this.
  6. dee

dee Senior Member

Any suggestions on which seller to buy from and what kind of extra fees there are as they are only shipped from China?

After a few years, my 3rd pair of Sony MDR - E828 LP earbuds stopped working last night :( and they are now way more $ than the previous pairs I bought...

Amazon.com: Sony MDRE828LP/SLV Lightweight Earbuds (Silver): Sony Accessory: Home Audio & Theater »

7. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

Venture Electronics VE MONK Plus earbud earphone (Still 5USD )-in Earphones & Headphones from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group »

$7.71 total shipped to the US.

8. dee

dee Senior Member

9. dee

dee Senior Member

Thanks for this thread. I decided to try out 1 pair of the earbuds. $8 and change. Should have them in a couple weeks. Good to read the positive review in Head-Fi about them!

10. HanowarHAIL

HanowarHAIL Forum Resident

I just got these earbuds from Massdrop. They do sound quite good for $8 earbuds (I think I payed about $14 for two pairs together on Massdrop?). I plan on using them when I exercise. Each pair of earbuds comes with 4 sets of earbud cover/cap things; 2 sets of red and 2 sets of blue.

dee likes this.
  11. murphythecat

if you just got these, wait until 200 hours. youll be more then happy with the SQ after run in!
    a not audiophile friend, who used my used pair for a month, then I got him a new pair for him, told me he didnt like his new pair as much as the one I had led him. he had no idea about the break in phenomena so was totally unbiased. I really think they sound better after about 200hours.

dee and HanowarHAIL like this.
  12. dee

dee Senior Member

Am pleased with the sound of these earbuds. Shipping was quicker than anticipated too.

13. dee

dee Senior Member

The right bud has been slipping out my ear a little so I used the smaller sized cover for now and now the bud's staying put better. May have to use the next size up that was included if this cover starts to slip too much. Not an earbud defect, more due to the inconsistencies of the human condition!

14. npc210

npc210 Forum Resident

Got a pair of these from MassDrop. They sound fantastic for the price and are my new gym headphones.

dee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.