VH1: I'm not in love...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by nukevor, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nukevor

nukevor Active Member Thread Starter

Just like the 10CC hit, I'm not really addicted (to this channel). Oh, who am I kidding? They keep coming up with these great programs like "Best Week Ever," "I Love the '80s," other retro specials, "Behind the Music," etc. The people they get on those '80s specials really crack me up, especially that guy from that TV show "Ed." (never really watched "Ed" that much.) Sidebar: That guy should get his own TV show...he's the kind of friend you wished you had as your wingman when going out clubbing and stuff.

VH1 is also coming out with "I love the '90s" in July, but since the '90s were such a mixed bag (and probably for most people), I wonder if they're starting to run out of ideas.

2. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Personally I thought they ran out of idead years ago. Too many top 100 lists on the station now.

Bring back "Behind The Music", "Legends" and "Classic Albums".

Sean

3. reechie

reechie Senior Member

I'd suggest that they actually start playing "music" again, but they'd just tell you that their research shows that viewers don't want to see that.
    :realmad:

4. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

I think that since VH1 has become a celebrity entertainment channel, I should be able to put on E! and watch Behind The Music, concerts, videos, etc.

VH1 used to be "must see TV," now I pretty much avoid it.

5. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Remember when VH1 and MTV actually used to show only videos? :sigh:

6. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

When I first encountered VH1, I think they were actually pursuing female viewers, or at least adults. I remember they used to play videos from a lot of great "adult aletrnative" artists, especially women, from Julia Fordham to Michelle Shocked. It seemed like they decided to pursue a different demographic, especially after the success of the BEHIND THE MUSIC.

7. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

It is extremely aggravating that they don't stick to what made them famous.

Evan

8. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

I completely agree with you.

Sean

9. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

VH1 Classics is all music, but it's all old stuff. (Which isn't bad, but still it would be nice to see and hear new stuff too!)

10. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

If by old stuff you mean bad 80's hair band music, then yes, that's all they show... :rolleyes:

11. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

As a DirecTV subscriber, I watched a good deal of VH-1 Classic last weekend when we were given a Total Choice Plus Free Preview Weekend and I was totally unimpressed. Why does everything have to be retro? I'd like to see an 80/20 mix w/ older videos given the greater ratio, but 20% airtime for current artists/bands that programmers think the VH-1C target audience might enjoy! Also, some vintage concerts would be a nice change of pace and how 'bout some of the shows Weird Al did for MTV?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.