Walking Dead on AMC (part 3)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Now there's a new spinoff!

[​IMG]

2. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

I might have missed something, but I don't recall there being a grave for Carol. I don't think the
    group ever even thought she was dead, just off on her own. Or are you referring back to when she was
    assumed to be dead, but then Daryl found her alive hiding in the closet in the prison? Did they have a grave
    for her way back then...I actually don't remember.

JimC likes this.
  3. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

I'm thinking "The Walking Dog" would be more interesting at this point. That last episode was B-O-R-I-N-G.

4. I agree and, as I recall, the plan was initially for 6 to 7 seasons (although, again, AMC may want to milk the show for ratings while it lasts). One thing about Frank Darabont--if the show was ready to wrap up, he would wrap it up so his input is still missed although Kirkman is at least still involved.

5. It's been a while since I watched it but, as I recall, they did kind of a remembernce and put a cross for her (my memory could be fuzzy on this) but they never did find a body as we would have had a scene setting that up if they did. I believe they just assumed she was dead.

It could very well have been a "bottle" show i.e., in this case just limiting to two standing sets vs. multiple ones but I would imagine if they used existing locations for the Country Club the redress wouldn't be that expensive compared to building an entire set. The cabin could have been a redress of the previous cabins they've run into as well (I don't recall how many they've encounter but I know of at least one) and theyu do make good use of existing locations.

While breaking up the group provided more possibilities for stories during this season unless the cast was contracted for 13 episodes and its a pay or play type situation, this also might be a way to save money as well (meaning breaking them up). Having them encounter other people though continues to open up the story and they are very roughly following elements of the original comic but it's also clear that the writers have elected to take the narrative where it goes not be slavishly tied to the comic (which could be a good thing although, again, they also have that as a source).

While the show has had exceptional, good and mediocre episodes this season they've, on the whole, done a good job and it didn't stall as much as it did during season two.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    JimC likes this.
  6. There was a scene where they were digging a grave for her (and I think two others). To me it was bad writing - why bother digging a grave when there's no body to put in it - just to turn over dirt? But others disagree.

7. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I liked this weeks episode but really haven't been too thrilled with the this season in general.

8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I think the biggest problem with this season is all of the time spent at the prison. We really didn't learn anything there other than that Rick isn't a competent leader. I'd rather they ended their time at the prison with the end of Season 3, put these little vignettes at the beginning of Season 4, and advanced to someplace new by the end of the season.

Solaris likes this.
  9. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

As for what is in Carol's grave, I brought that up in an earlier thread - maybe even this one. I can't recall. It's bad writing. Who digs a grave when there is no body? Who has the energy for digging when there's no body? What did they bury?

10. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

As well as sex, I think the `Walking Dead' needs some comic relief. Time to bring
    in Stephen Merchant.

11. JimC

JimC Senior Member

I'm confused. She was thought to be dead (?) at one point in the dark area of the prison, but found hiding. I don't remember a grave then. Was there time to dig one? Didn't think she was missing that long. And recently, Rick never told anyone she was dead, correct? -- just that he had sent her packing?

Maybe someone can clear this up.

12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

NO THANKS...

13. Michael

Rick never said she was dead. he sent her packing.

JimC likes this.
  14. DreadPikathulhu

Before she was sent packing, she was locked in that room in the catacombs after the invasion by the Governor's forces and presumed eaten.

JimC likes this.
  15. DreadPikathulhu

Please no more Glenn and Maggie. I could go for some comic relief. Maybe that mulleted "genius" doctor will provide some before the season ends.

16. Michael

yea, OK....but she wasn't eaten and I knew that ... there was no scene of such...do you really think they'd waste a main character not showing the zombie feast?

17. Michael

next week a Maggiefest!

18. DreadPikathulhu

I think we knew that she was in the room, but the cast members didn't. And we were supposed to be worried that she wouldn't get out or care or something. They'd already offed several background players in that episode and we've all learned that they save the main cast for either the mid-season or season-ending cliffhangers buffets.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  19. DreadPikathulhu

Oh please, let the season end with one or the other being eaten while the survivor looks on in horror. I'd like to have the race car driving Glenn from season one back, but I'd be willing to sacrifice him if it broke up that horrid couple and their soap opera relationship.

20. Michael

I have no problem with their love for each other...Glenn is dedicated and an asset to the pack. Whether one likes him or not he gets the job done when he's called to duty.

21. DreadPikathulhu

I think they've gotten too far into soap opera territory, especially with Glenn sobbing as he walked away from the truck an episode or two ago. He was badass when he armored up the episode before that.

I guess the last thing on my mind during a zombie apocalypse would be anything likely to produce a baby. No doctors, no sterile environment. We saw how the last birth worked out. I hope they picked up some Trojans in the pharmacy.

Mazzy likes this.
  22. Michael

I think they are just trying to hold onto the human element in a non human world...it's chaos..

23. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I think an episode focusing on the potentially absurd scenarios involving reanimated corpses would be a much-needed break from the oh-so-serious vibe of the show. The formula needs regular shaking up.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's the funniest damn thing I've heard all day! :righton:

I agree, the last episode took 10 minutes of plot and dragged it out to 45 minutes.

25. DreadPikathulhu

Maybe they could shoot an episode where they come across a conclave of goths, and spend 40 minutes trying to figure out if they are dealing with reanimated corpses or Robert Smith wannabes.

JimC and Solaris like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.