Walking Dead on AMC (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

What is interesting about the plot now is that there is still some civility in rick's group and their people, but everyone they run into is off the chain, controlling, and totally self-absorbed...little regard for anyone else. I think the signs leading folk to Terminus was to keep their food chain alive. I am less excited about the new season, but we'll see.

Secondly, every time they are on the move bad things happen. Every time they move they find worse than what they had. Makes for good TV I guess.

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Sorry but religious discussions are strictly prohib... wait! The TV Show? In the fall. Most likely October.

nbakid2000 likes this.
  3. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

If you think about it any living people they encounter are potentially more dangerous than the walkers since they are unpredictable.

4. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Good point.

5. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Figure the longer this goes on more and more of the alive people are buckling under the constant stress...

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Thanks Ken! 5 more MONTHS...hope it goes by fast!

7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Season 5 trailer! It looks damn good!

Bruce and Shawn like this.
  8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Looks good!

Is that Glenn? I wonder which of the two of them isn't going to make it out alive?

9. zeppage2

zeppage2 Forum Resident

Too many spoilers in that trailer.
    And, true to the AMC mission statement: 30 seconds of promotion (read commercial) at the end.

I will hate-watch this...

10. Michael

great trailer...someone needs to lend Daryl a comb.

11. DreadPikathulhu

Looking forward to the return of the show. Only two months! I've spent the summer reading the comic and even with the deviations from the show, it's an entertaining read. Quite a few of the issues I had with the show are resolved in the comic, things like showing them foraging for supplies, making the prison livable, etc.

12. Michael

anyone see Norman in The Notorious Betty Page?...

13. Michael

I haven't been thinking about so it's going fast! looking for to the return...

14. DreadPikathulhu

I'll tell you this, Michonne really kicks a** in the comic. She skips over the whole "never speaking" part from the show.

Michael likes this.
  15. Michael

my favorite! hopefully she'll follow suit in the TV show! love when she does her work!

16. DreadPikathulhu

Less than a week to go before the new season premiere!

I'm excited. I finally caught up completely with the comic, but Terminus does not make an appearance.

The "Fear the Hunters" storyline is the only one that has cannibals, but only lasts six issues - and is nothing like what we've seen on the show.

17. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Well, I caught up with season four via Netflix this weekend. I agree with others that this show drags at times, like the episode count is too padded. It's easier to brush off the Beth/Daryl episode where they go searching for booze when you are watching via Netflix and can immediately start the next episode, but man I would be pissed if I waited a whole week for a new episode and that was it. I get that they want to delve deeper into the characters, I really do, but this is ultimately a serial about a post-apocalyptic, zombie-filled world, not some high drama. For serious drama and character development, I watch Mad Men.

They should have compressed the whole Governor plot and had the tank battle as the season three finale. Then have the arrival at Terminus be the season four mid-finale.

Still enjoyable, but I'm not sure I could enjoy it as much if I were watching with week-long breaks between episodes.

GentleSenator likes this.
  18. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

That's weird, I'm not seeing this thread pop up to the top when there's new posts. Is it just me, or everyone?

19. DreadPikathulhu

With the announcement of another series, I'm worried about how the concept can sustain two separate shows. The current one does drag at points, and I only made it through the second and third seasons because I was watching it on Netflix.

I hope the second series does something different with the concept. If it's another show about people creeping around in the woods, it will get old fast.

20. DreadPikathulhu

It's working for me.

21. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Wait, never mind, I know why I'm not seeing it now.

22. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Agreed. I also still don't get the argument that the show can just continue indefinitely with no real resolution to the overall story arc of the series, just because that's how the comic is. A TV series and a comic book series are two completely different media.

A comic book can simply be handed off to new writers and artists, continuing the same story. A TV series has to deal with many more people, including real life actors who age or want out of their contracts. TV also has to deal with ratings. Comic books are subject to sales figures, I'm sure, but if they have to they can just print less (up to a point, obviously).

Did the 60s Batman TV show go on forever just because the comic books never ended? No, of course not.

The Walking Dead TV show will inevitably decline enough in the ratings where they'll either be cancelled or decide to quit. The people who make the show know this, so there has to be some sort of end game in mind. Otherwise what would the series finale be? A caption that tells us that the characters simply trudged on in their miserable existence and that it was all pointless?? Of course not.

23. DreadPikathulhu

The comic has managed to last for 132 issues, with all but the first few having the same writer and artist. Robert Kirkman has mentioned in recent interviews that he has an ending in mind, but no one has any idea how long he can drag it out. I really would be surprised if it hits 200 issues. Maybe he's revealed it to AMC so they can adapt it into the show if people get tired of it and it gets cancelled.

I was pretty disappointed when some recent game-changing elements with the walkers was revealed to not be what it seemed.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  24. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Eugene is full of it? He seems like some basement-dwelling aspergers case, not someone who seriously knows anything about anything. It seems strange that none of the characters seem to pick up on that, nor do they press him for answers when he responds that it's "classified." Still, I get the feeling that the writers want us to be suspect of Eugene so that they can pull some kind of double fake-out and he really does know what is going on with the zombie plague.

25. DreadPikathulhu

So far, they're following the comic plot pretty closely with Eugene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.