Walking Dead on AMC (Part 5)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

well he can always change his mind...at least I would like to believe that...

2. Michael

Zombies and survival in hell...that about covers it. we really don't need anymore personal dramas...we had enough already...Rick's wigout was a drag.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

There's always a chance the show will finally go off the air and they'll have a wrap up that explains everything and gives them a final solution: either peace or everybody dies. What they really need is a vaccine that will allow them to at least die in peace without turning into a zombie.

4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

The show has outworn it's welcome, even among fans. My son has two 12 and 13-year old friends who were rabid fans, but the other day I heard them talking about how the show has become "boring" and how the first two seasons were "the best." Even kids will start to realize when a show has become like its title, the walking dead.

5. Michael

I can dig both of those scenarios! excellent. Hopefully we won't be LOST on this one!

Get2Me likes this.
  6. vegafleet

vegafleet Forum Resident

I can't believe nobody else but you and me are bothered by this. I kept rewinding to see what I missed. This was a huge leap in the action and continuity.

OK, say that the two groups had off screen agreed on a meeting point (on a place they had ever been to !), but where did Eric come from and became attached to Darryl's group?

More rewinding is needed!

Get2Me likes this.
  7. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I noticed it too. Everybody just appeared at the entrance to Alexandria. It felt like several scenes were missing.

Get2Me and vegafleet like this.
  8. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

This is how I took it to happen:

Eric was at the water tower, got into trouble and fired off the flare.
    The RV saw this and headed that way thinking it was Rick and company since he had Aaron's flare gun. Michonne mentions this as well.
    Maggie rescues Eric when they arrive at the water tower. Eric mentions this.
    Rick and the gang make their way to the water tower once Michonne mentions that's where the RV will head towards.

JimC and Get2Me like this.
  9. vegafleet

vegafleet Forum Resident

ok, I'll buy it. I'll rewatch to see. But this from a show we all agree is padding its episodes? There should be more showing and less talking.

Get2Me likes this.
  10. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Sold, thank you! That's a fine explanation - it just shouldn't have been necessary. The editing decisions on this show are often questionable

11. JimC

JimC Senior Member

I understand that some may need it, I don't. For me, the show is about Rick and Co. reacting to this event. (Not that there are not some flaws with the character development -- too many characters right now, for one thing.) as Rick said, "We are the walking dead."

12. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

It's doubtful that a show as limited as The Walking Dead could ever hope to live up to the high creative standards of Lost. The Walking Dead is a hit or miss show for me, but the hits make it worth watching. There were very few misses with Lost...in my opinion of course.

13. Michael

LOST: I DISAGREE WITH YOU AT SUCH A PERCENT that I cannot even put a number on it...I have much disdain for the writers of that creepshow that I will never watch anything they are attached to ever...I want my wasted 6 years back...this is really a sore spot for me.
    on it's worst day the Walking Dead smothers LOST...

ArpMoog likes this.
  14. Michael

and that they are! it's only a matter of time before those dead boots go a walkin'.

JimC likes this.
  15. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I wish you'd mentioned that before.

16. Michael

I have Deja Vu...

Lownote30 likes this.
  17. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I know. I can tell. Obviously, it's all subjective, I say vs. you say with no meeting in the middle, but every once in awhile, I feel the need to push back a bit on the Lost haters. You watched Lost for 6 years, so you must have been getting something out of it for the 6 years leading up to the finale. And like many, you were disappointed with the ending. Did the ending alone destroy the show for you, like pulling the bottom card from a house of cards? If so, is the potential there for you to have a similar reaction should The Walking Dead have a disappointing series finale?

Mr. H and Michael like this.
  18. Michael

No, TWD will not disappoint me no matter how it ends...I did not want to watch Lost at all, but my wife asked me to watch it with her so I did...funny she had the same reaction as I did at the end...we laugh about it now. I love my wife madly, but I will never watch a show with her that I feel will be a waste of time. She's cool with that.

Encuentro likes this.
  19. DreadPikathulhu

I loved the ending to Lost. :hide:

20. FredV

FredV Senior Member

This should sum it up nicely.

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  21. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

No need to hide under your chair. I enjoyed the ending as well. It could have been been better, but it could have been worse as well. I got all misty when Jack was lying in the grass looking up at the sky, Vincent running up and licking his face.

JimC likes this.
  22. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Lost: The gift that keeps on giving. 5 years since the finale and still going strong!

JimC and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  23. DreadPikathulhu

There are some people that take the ending a little too personally. Just wait until the last episode of The Walking Dead, when Rick wakes up in the hospital bed and finds Lori and Carl sitting there.

Michael, Encuentro and Mr. H like this.
  24. DreadPikathulhu

If they'd ended it with a complete explanation, would we still be talking about it five years later?

Michael and Encuentro like this.
  25. Michael

that's cool...a Wizard Of Oz moment...ain't gonna hear no bitchin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.