Walt Disney "True Life Adventures" NATURE'S HALF-ACRE

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve Hoffman, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Anyone have any idea if this is out on any type of laser disc or DVD?

Thanks!

2. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Boy, the nuns would order those Disney movies as a treat at holiday times - roll the Bell and Howell 16 mm projector out and cram alla us kiddos into the library/assembly area on those damned old metal folding chairs (some weird sorta penance, now that I think of it). Don't ask who ran the projector...

3. Steve Hoffman

When I worked in AV in middle school, I used to love to watch the Disney stuff that came in. All the prints were in true IB Technicolor. Even then we could tell the difference. We got all the good stuff from Disney all the time. I guess the LA City School System was well connected or something. We even got in 16 mm IB Tech prints of Snow White, Dumbo, Bambi, etc. along with all of the shorts and True Life Adventures. I loved watching that stuff.

4. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Woof - we never got animated stuff save for Donald in Mathmagic Land. We did get several of the True Life Adventures like Seal Island. Disney was wise to latch onto the live action nature stuff - dirt cheap to film, no pesky actors save for the narrator (who was that voice???). Probably helped the bottom line out quite a bit.

5. Steve Hoffman

Wonderful voice: Winston Hibbler.

6. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Thankee kindly, sir!

7. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Steve, what you should do is contribute to the PD DVD market and show us true technicolor and try and find high quality Technicolor prints of PD movies.

8. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

It's not currently available, but I'm hoping that they do some sort of a true life adventure compilation as part of their Disney Treasures series one of these years.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.