We had to remove the BEATLES SACD April Fool's joke thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

The Steve Hoffman Forums should release an official Press Release about this incident. We should do some research and find out more specifics. Talk to the switchboard operators at those record companies, talk to record store owners and managers that were getting ready to put in pre-orders, etc. Send Apple a message...

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Perhaps AKA? little "prank" was a disguised effort to get the ball rolling on those Beatles remasters? Perhaps people putting in orders for them was a way to get the attention of EMI? Apple?

Good work, AKA!;)

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

We would want nothing but peace and tranquility between Beatle peedles in higher ups, and with our silly little joke....

I'm personally hoping someone out there in Beatle land understood that it was only in the spirit of humor. I think John would have loved it, but would also be very concerned too. Nothing more annoying than letting your coffee or tea go cold as the phone is ringing madly off the hook...

They know we want more Beatle product. They know, they know...

4. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Ain't I a stinkah?

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

You had me going, Bugs!

6. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Yes, like everyone else, I was fooled until I got to the credits. Gawd, though, that was VERY FUNNY! Especially the credits; Dante Hicks is one of the "Clerks" in the Kevin Smith film. Nancy "Lil" Magill is a frequent poster on the Abbey Rd. website. Not to mention the others! And yes, I also remembered it was April 1st, and got totally fooled. Excellent job!:laugh:

7. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

I suspected something was up when I read the line that said, "The restoration process for Apple's Remastered Beatles Series started with hundreds of hours of painstaking research around the globe to determine the analog sources most true to the original Beatles studio recordings."

It sounded like it was lifted off the Stones press release. Besides, isn't all that stuff at Abbey Road?

8. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Probably. I was kind of playing off the January Beatle tape busts, but I believe those tapes were only from the "Get Back" sessions, no?

What I don't understand is why Holy Zoo PMed me and had me type "I will not play practical jokes" 100 times. Thank God for the "paste" feature. Sckott and Bob Lovely made me hit myself fifty times with a wet noodle, and Claviusb and John B. (no relation) told me to go to my parents' house so I could stand in the corner and have a "time out" for fifteen minutes.

The price you have to play for playing a simple April Fool's joke, I swear.

9. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

I spent April 1 altering my co-workers computers so the keyboards typed different characters than those pressed. :)

10. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Brad,

You are being a bit understated here. I believe it was a wet rubber hose, was it not? :laugh:

Bob

11. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Yeah, but I cheated and hit myself with a wet noodle instead. If it's any consolation, the damn thing kept breaking, causing me to keep having to get a new wet noodle, so it took me a long, excruciating time to get to 50.

12. AKA

AKA Senior Member

13. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

you hit yourself with some wet hoes wearing rubber?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.