WEMU Jazz Library Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Radio, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radio

Radio Forum Resident Thread Starter

JimSmiley, Bobby Buckshot and jeffsab like this.
  2. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

Big WEMU supporter here. A really good station that has taught me so much about jazz over the years. Great contributor to the Ann Arbor/Ypsi community too.

3. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

WEMU introduced me properly to jazz in the early 1980's, of course aware of Jazz before that but WEMU was a clinic for me, learned a lot.
    I have been a contributor in the past but we moved out of Ypsilanti in the late 1990's and I can't pick it up here.

4. mneuliep

mneuliep Forum Resident

Did you attend many shows put on by Eclipse Jazz? I did monitor and FOH mixing for many of those in the mid 80s.

5. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

No, I never made it to any of those shows.
    I do miss Ypsilanti, but what I remember of it is gone. My parents moved there when I was 2 in 1956 so it was my home.
    I trust the Water Tower is still standing?;)

6. Radio

Radio Forum Resident Thread Starter

You can stream it from their website or on iTunes.

7. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

I occasionally do stream WEMU thru my computer, got a fair set of speakers for the computer but it's a computer.
    I can pick up WKAR from the campus of Michigan State loud and clear but it's classical. On Saturday nights they have two 2-hour jazz shows so I like to check that out.
    Also from Western Michigan's campus I can get WMUK, they play jazz from 10pm-5am, it's no where near as good as WEMU's selections but good enough to go to sleep to.
    I did hear about Linda Yohn retiring, I keep up a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.