What are your YouTube "guilty pleasures"?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Andrew, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Lately, i've been obsessed with videos of color blind people seeing the full spectrum of colors for the first time with EnChroma glasses.

2. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

My current obsession: the library at Southern Methodist University is in the process of digitizing the news film collection of Dallas TV station WFAA (Channel 8). As I'm from the area, I love seeing events and views of the past from before my time. They post up a few times a day, with at least one of those posts being a film that was shot and aired on the same date 50 years ago. There's also lots of cool area-related sports videos (ABA basketball! Early Texas Rangers! Dallas Blackhawks hockey!) The link to their channel is here.

I posted this in another thread but feel it fits here too: footage shot for the news from the first Wings Over America show in Fort Worth in 1976.

Andrew, LaserKen and bmasters9 like this.
  3. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Why? No, its a serious question. What possible pleasure does one get from something like this? Its literally just a young lady staring at a camera, its not even titillating.

4. bmasters9

bmasters9 Forum Resident

I never knew the Metroplex had an ice hockey team called the Blackhawks! The only ice hockey club by that name I've heard of till now was the one from Chicago in the NHL.

5. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

Oh yeah. At the same time, Fort Worth had the Wings/Texans...a one-time minor league affiliate of the Red Wings. Both teams were done before my sports consciousness came about, but I remember hearing stories about their heated rivalry. The YouTube channel I linked has lots of good hockey videos.

bmasters9 likes this.
  6. Sternodox

Sternodox SubGenius Pope of Arkansas

Because it's dada. And I like dada.

7. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored Thread Starter

Here's my latest obsession: professional wrestling clips from the various regional scenes of the 1980s. In this example, Assassin #1 gives some bad news to his tag-team partner, who is (naturally) Assassin #2. Hilarity ensues...

8. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

Florida Wrestling clips are a favorite of mine, too, though my era is the '70s. RIP, The American Dream.

F_C_FRANKLIN and Andrew like this.
  9. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

The Nostalgia Critic

AidanB likes this.
  10. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored Thread Starter

"Manager" Jim Cornette and his tag-team champions the Midnight Express celebrate their titles with a cake and some champagne. Gotta know this won't end well for ole Corny...

11. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

My latest you tube guilty pleasure are
    1. Watching ducklings getting eaten by other birds. I don't know why I like watching this.
    2. Penguins. I am absolutely fascinated with them and Antarctica in general.
    3. Watching people drink/eat decades old food, Coke, military rations. There are a lot of these videos!

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  12. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Old radio station commercials.

13. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

Red Letter Media
    Fail Army
    The Big Fails
    News Bloopers
    Instant karma vids
    A few vinyl related sites
    Joe Rogan Experience
    Classic Rock Music videos

14. Hardy Melville

Hardy Melville Forum Resident

This is a real guilty pleasure. She has a load of different subjects, but this one cracks me up. Juliana Selem for a Brazilian woman's take on California compared to Florida:

Moshe and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  15. Hardy Melville

Hardy Melville Forum Resident

And here's Victoria Flamel for 30 Weird Things Everyone Does:

(Strange accent, she's Danish but seems to have spent time in England)

Moshe likes this.
  16. BlackStrat_Fan

BlackStrat_Fan That's like your opinion, man!

These guys. They seem real genuine, and I love their take hearing songs I've grown up with for the very first time.

17. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Those guys are cool - love how open they are to trying different music out.

chilinvilin likes this.
  18. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

I like sovereign citizen videos. Pete Barnes!

chilinvilin, Tony-A and chili555 like this.
  19. eflatminor

eflatminor Forum Resident

Armed good guys taking out criminals in the act of infringing on another's rights. Good shoot sir!

20. chili555

chili555 Forum Resident

These guys are incredible. They think they can just declare that some obsolete and superceded maritime law exempts them from state or city law. If you study enough cases and, especially YouTube videos, you’ll see that it never, ever works. Ever. But they keep on trying and, most astoundingly, posting the videos of their humiliating failures.

21. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

So addictive! Their reactions are priceless.

BluesOvertookMe and chilinvilin like this.
  22. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

I like those as well! Old radio newscasts too.

23. BlackStrat_Fan

BlackStrat_Fan That's like your opinion, man!

I met a guy years ago who believed and "practiced" this. The one thing I remember was a rubber stamp that he had that exempted him from paying postage. Would just rubber stamp where the stamp went some obscure law stating he was not obligated to pay for postage.

24. Last watched some of those "satisfying to watch" videos. I watched horses get their hooves trimmed.:)
    Carpet cleaning videos. Anything that gets cleaned, really. Cake decorating, British medical shows, old Saturday Night Live clips, vintage commercials and TV show intros.
    Goes on and on.

Oh! I almost forgot a recent series called Another Dirty Room. So funny and disgusting. Three friends rent rooms in some of the seediest hotels in the country then they dig around and show what they discover. Roaches, blood, hairs stuck to blankets and other grossness. I love it.
    I wish they'd crank out some new ones already.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  25. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Time Team:cheers:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.