What fabrics were used to make this doll?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Doctor, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Doctor

The Doctor Forum Resident Thread Starter

Back in 1996, I was a big fan of a game series (still am). My father bought an Aladdin toll which looked like this:
    [​IMG]

From a child at the park.

From there, he shaved the doll's cap off, and designed clothes for the doll to make it match the game character. He took boots from another doll for the shoes, and I (think) the head of thumb tack for the belt buckle and what seemed like twist-wire for a belt. These are the only pictures which exist of the doll. My ex, to be spiteful, threw it away on me when she was moving out, on a day I wasn't home.
    [​IMG]

He bought fabric and supplies from a local store from what I remember.

PANTS:
    I remember he dyed the pants a tad to get the exact color which as you can see was a purplish blue. The pants felt very soft, stretchy, almost silky but a thicker texture from I remember. I remember the fabric of the pants was taut, tight; it could be pulled, but it would go back into place easily, although it would not snap back. It had slight elasticity as such. It felt akin to tight yoga pants, but softer to the touch, is the best way I recall them.

SHIRT:
    The shirt was rough, coarse fabric. Running your hands down the shirt would feel akin to sandpaper but not quite as rough, but it was definitely not soft, nor was it pliable. You could pinch the fabric between your fingers if you wished but it wouldn't have any effect on the fabric, although I think the texture was such that if you pressed it too long it might crease. In the second picture it's easier to tell, but he created a little cleft in the upper front of the shirt you could peel down slightly.

[​IMG]
    All I need to know is what fabrics were used in the clothing - as I'm working with a doll maker to recreate it. It had a very deep sentimental value, especially with my father not here.

2. The Doctor

The Doctor Forum Resident Thread Starter

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Second picture, note cleft in upper chest section. It felt almost embroidered in, it didn't peel down or anything.

3. Dark Mavis

Dark Mavis Local Congressman

I'm afraid I can't help, but I am sorry about your terrible ex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.