What HD-DVD, Blu-ray disc, or D-Theater tape have you gotten lately? (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mcow1, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I received Field Of Dreams in the mail. My favorite baseball movie ever, though it really is so much more than just a movie about baseball.

2. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Nice PQ & SQ and there was a story there (I didn't read the book) but the characters didn't infuse me with much emotion.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      14.2 KB
      Views:
  3. ZAck Scott

ZAck Scott Senior Member

Gone With The Wind Gift Set, The Last Waltz, and Dinosaur!

4. sbroache

sbroache Forum Resident

Got the THING Blu too. I'm mad that they did not port over all the bonus features. You may want to hold onto the DVD for the extras if you are into such.

5. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I hope you got Dinosaur cheap! It is a weak looking title from the early days of the format. It's only marginally better looking than the DVD.

6. thebeatles67

thebeatles67 Forum Resident In Memoriam

Tom Petty-Live Anthology--audio only--over 4 hours--62 songs in 96khz

Woodstock- UK edition

7. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Sadly, I didn't check the extras before I got rid of the DVD. :shake:

8. kevin

kevin Senior Member

Night At The Museum 2[someone at work bought the Blu ray thinking he'd bought the dvd but since he doesn't have a Blu ray player he gave it to me]

9. I did and put both into a new Blu case so I have my own "Blu-ray"/DVD combo set.

They repurposed a lot of the extras into the pip commentary throughout the film but sliced/diced the excellent documentary wayyy too much.

10. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001DD0DAK?tag=bluraycom-21
    The British Blu-ray of The Thing has all the extras and is region-free, unlike the U.S. disc. Another instance of that happening is Man On Fire, where the UK version gets all the extras and the U.S. BD is missing them.

11. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Finally got my Blu copy of Inglorious Basterds from Amazon after much delay (ordered on Dec 18th).

12. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

I'll be away for awhile with this one. :help:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      11.9 KB
      Views:
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm still chuckling over "D-Theater" being included in this thread. Man, on the list of lame formats, that has to be at or near the top of the list.

The cheapo $9.95 Blu-ray of Robocop just showed up, so that's what I'm getting ready to watch. (Damn them if they didn't include any extra bits on the disc!)

14. Rachael Bee

The thread has been going for quite some while. At least a few people here have and play D-tapes. I had all my D-tapes before I started the thread. I don't think a single person has reported buying one yet. It's HD content and there's are stille movies on D-Theater that are on no other HD format yet. I recently watched Novocaine on D-Tape. Most folks would never suspect it wasn't coming from a BD.

The format has performed very well for me. The only hard part is keeping my deck's heads super-clean. Cleanliness is truly next to Godliness when it comes to D-VHS heads.

I probably should'a included Muse Laserdiscs in the thread header....?.....:laugh:

15. You'll love it! Pristine image quality and a great presentation. A pity we didn't get all the pdf files on the extra disc like the UK did but the show and the excellent documentaries are what matter.

16. Can you burn the D Tapes you have to Blu-ray or is there copy protection? I'm just thinking that some of these might not see release for awhile and it would be a good b ack up.

17. Rachael Bee

There are folks who can extract the program from D-tapes and serve them up as files or put them on other tapes. No kopy poofing is see-cure. I don't know how to do it myself.

18. From Canada, I ordered The Cell and Boiler Room. Sophie Scholl is coming from the U.K.

19. Rachael Bee

I really dug Sophie Scholl. It's a great companion watch to Valkyrie.

20. That's odd. Were they out of stock? I got mine the day of release (it shipped a bit early)

21. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

I had to have a concert before returning to The Prisoner.

K.D. Lang: Live in London with BBC Orchestra. Decent PQ & SQ, my only complaint is she needs to find a few more lively songs to compliment her set.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      12.6 KB
      Views:
  22. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Just got in "Damages, Season 1" on Blu-Ray. "Chuck, Season 2" is in the mail.

23. The only problem with that series is that Sony has dropped any further plans to continue the series on Blu-ray. So season two and beyond will have to be seen on dvd. Sales for it were abysmal...

24. Pericles

Pericles Forum Resident

"Planet Earth" - My first BD for my first LCD. :righton::D:goodie:

25. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

My order was processing and made it to New Castle DE and then never left that depot as per UPS tracking.

So I notified Amazon and they re-shipped a new order which I got within one day (they upgraded the shipping).

That first order still has not showed up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.