What is this for? (Tools that came with a Pro-ject turntable)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by oregonalex, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oregonalex

oregonalex Forum Resident Thread Starter

These two doodads came with a new Pro-ject Xtension 9. No mention of them in the manual. Anyone knows their purpose?

[​IMG]

Each is about 2" long. The second one is open on the wider end, but closed on the narrow end with two metal stubs sticking out.

2. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

Move the belt with the tool on the left and remove the motor cover with the one on the right? A tool for handling the belt would make more sense with a turntable that doesn't have a speed switch, but it seems like the notch at the end is the right dimension for it.

3. wownflutter

wownflutter Nocturnal Member

The ones on the left is to change the belt without touching it.
    The one on the right is to adjust the bearings in the arm ( not recommend unless you know what your doing)

4. oregonalex

Could very well be. Although you're right, there is no need to move the belt once installed. It actually also came with a pair of cotton gloves for handling the belt.

5. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

Are there two holes on top of the gimbal?

6. oregonalex

Bingo! wownflutter is right! There is a recess on top of the gimbal and the two stubs fit in it perfectly.

Don't worry, I won't touch it, the arm bearings are very nice, smooth and no play in them at all. I was just wondering what those things are.

I sort of thought the left tool is for the belt, but why does it have the slit in the middle? And why include it at all? The gloves are easier to use.

Thanks, guys!

7. wownflutter

wownflutter Nocturnal Member

Sorry but thats all the info I can give, I've never used them at all. They are still in my box.

8. oregonalex

No problem, thanks. Not likely I'd ever use them either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.