What R U listening to right now?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Grant, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

CANNONBALL ADDERLEY with BILL EVANS: KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

I'm in a jazzy mood tonite, and this one fills the bill at the moment...DCC Gold, of course, nothing else will do.... :p

ED:cool:

2. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

The vinyl of Radiohead's OK Computer.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Soundtrack to Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid-Bob Dylan

4. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

OK - this week I scored "A Nice Pair" on US vinyl for $5.99. This is basically Pink Floyd's "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" and "A Saucerful of Secrets" paired up together. I must admit, my experience with "Syd" era Floyd was limited to an old US copy of Relics that went bye-bye over 15 years ago.

This may not be the BEST version of these 2 to hear, but at the price, and the fact this is just about the finest condition I've ever seen a 2 lp used set at this price, I figured it might be a good way to break the Beatles Anthology domination I've had for the past week.

That's right, I never heard either album all the way through.

I'm digging "Piper" a lot more than "Secrets". I never thought of Syd as visionary until I heard this lp. Such classic, melodious pop/rock, combined with an undercurrent of discordant unease. Dare I say it?-- genius. Despite the laments on this board about the sound quality, this particular pressing sounds quite a bit better than fine for the era (yes - I am aware that most of the comments concerning sound quality are referring to the mono version. This is the stereo, and it sounds fine to my ears).

It's also an interesting package, with Piper baring the Harvest label, and Secrets on the rainbow Capitol.

Anyway - that's what I will be immersed in this week.

5. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Trevor Rabin- Can't Look Away (on vinyl)

and

Jon Anderson- Olias of Sunhillow (on vinyl)

Both brilliant records and almost every instrument is played by those two guys.

6. Michael

Dave and Sugar Anthology

7. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Janis Joplin - Kozmic Blues

8. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Elton John's Madman Across The Water - DCC 180g LP on my new Shure v15!

9. Michael

The Ponytails-Born Too Late-Japanese Cee Dee...

10. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

Just mastered CD-R volumes 3 & 4 of my favorite hits of 1975. They are two and three in the series of seven CD-Rs and cover the spring and first half of the summer of that year. The 45 version of Elton John's "Philadelphia Freedom" has just faded out and AWB's "Cut The Cake" has just kicked in on disc three.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.