Whatever Happened To Wally?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

I remember in my vinyl collecting days anything mastered by "Wally" sounded fantastic! I remember being blown away by Juice Newton-"Juice"LP. Great bottom end! Thankfully Steve rescued that one!
    Did he cross over to the digital age? Just reminiscing.

2. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Wasn't "Wally" a staffer at Capitol through the early 90's? I see that name on my pressing of Crowded House's first LP. Not a good sounding LP, needs Steve's touch in a big way.
    Dan C

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Wally Truggat.

The last things I recall him mastering were LPs for the Solar label at Capitol mastering in the early 80s.

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

He was around in the early 80's. I know he worked for Capitol Records.

5. ArneW

ArneW Senior Member

6. ArneW

ArneW Senior Member

PS. He mastered Dexter Gordon's "Round Midnight" soundtrack - one of the very best sounding LPs in my entire collection. That means he must be one of the good guys! Very hoffmanesque! But he sure is a lot older than Steve, so perhaps Steve is traugrotesque? Just kiddin'.

Arne

7. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Wally Traugott is still around but he did retire from Capitol Mastering a couple of years ago. Great mastering engineer. If I bought a record that said "Mastered By Capitol" in the runout groove, I'd look for his distinctive signature. He cut almost all of the lacquers for the vinyl pressings of "Saturday Night Fever".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.