What's the best way to record 'spoken word' cassettes to CoolEdit Pro??

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by voicebug, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voicebug

voicebug Senior Member Thread Starter

I have some spoken word cassettes that I would like to record in Cooledit Pro so I can burn to CDRs and was wondering what would be the best way to do this.

The material I want to transfer is stuff like voiceover seminars/lectures, some Spanish instructional tapes, some old radio airchecks, and recordings I've made of myself and family as a child.

I don't have a decent cassette deck anymore. All I have is a portable Radio Shack Realistic player--1 speaker mono, and I have access to a few boomboxes with cassette decks. I have a small mixer hooked up to my Turtle Beach sound card that I use to record my voice for voiceover work. I have a Shure microphone hooked up to the mixer.

Can I hook a cassette player directly into the soundcard and select 'input' on my soundcard control panel, or do you guys think I should go through the mixer? Since these are primarily voice recordings--no music---I want to get the best sound I can with my limited resources.

Thanks for any help!

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I think you answered your own question. Just hook uo the cassette to the soundcard, set it up in the mixer, and all should be good.

BTW, on that SC card, I use "Stereo Mix" to takle care of all analog inputs.

3. Steve G

Steve G Senior Member

then sample the noise in between the words and remove it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.